Zeven.

Chapter Seven.

It was their last day here in India, New Delhi and she knew she won't forget her time here because it will forever be ingrained in her memory.

Today, they had a lazy day in, no outing just inside lazying around and looking out the window to the busy city. It was night now and they were in the swimming pool, the lights were dim, the water filled with rose petals and some herbs.

Lucien was awfully quiet and Zara played in the water enjoying herself. A small smile graced his lips as he watched her, the sight of her always gladdened his heart.

"What are you thinking about, young prince of mine?"

"I am thinking we should stay a while longer because you are happy here."

She stopped playing and turned to face him. "I am happy but, that doesn't change the fact that we have lives before this, jobs, responsibilities, we can't just run from."

"I wish we could run."

"Where are your thoughts at?" She asked as she studied his demeanor.

He let out a humorless chuckle before he spoke. "You don't want to know, Zara. I'll sort…"

"Talk to me."

Those three words were like a command and immediately he spoke. "It's time for me to do what I was born to. It's time for me to take my role as king."

"That's a good thing right, my BFF is moving up the hierarchy?" She said trying to liven the mood.

"I'll have to quit writing and acting and focus primarily on leadership. My freedom is over."

"It's okay, if you're leaving the stage you'll go out with a bang. I guessing the Archer contract is your last work. That's alright, we'll make it work, I am certain."

"It's not being king that's my problem, it's the other responsibilities that come with it."

"Meaning?"

"Zara, my mother has been wanting me to come home for over a year now and it's for a selection." That silenced Zara immediately. Melanie, Lucien's mother wanted him to tie the knot. "Come out of the water, so we can talk."

They got out and immediately tied on a robe. "Tell me more please."

"It was shortly before I came to find you when my father summoned me to inform me of my ascension and my wedding. Trust, I was angry and displeased, I don't want to tie the knot with some girl, you know that but all my parents seem to care about are customs and me becoming a king and how having a wife will help that fact."

"Is there a loophole, Francis hasn't found anything?"

Francis was Lucien's advisor and royal guardian.

"No, he hasn't but I know there's no way around this which is why I am going to need a huge favor."

"Lucien, what are saying?" She knew from his statement she wasn't going to like his request, she felt it also.

"I want you to bond with me, Zara. I am asking that you marry me."

Zara passed out.

†*************†******†***********†

When Zara opened her eyes, she was on her bed, messy hair and a tardy bit cold. She sat up to see Lucien by the window.

"Hey." Zara greeted as she ran a hand through her hair. "The funniest thing happened, I had this weird dream that you asked me to bond with you. It was crazy."

"I never thought I would render you dumb by asking you to marry me, Zee." He turned to face her. One look and she knew it happened.

"It happened." She mumbled to herself before she turned to Lucien. "Lucien, how on earth do you expect me to marry you, I… me, I am your friend."

"So, how does it matter? I don't want to get married to a girl I don't know, a girl who only wants me for my title but, I want you; the girl that knew my title and still gave me a piece of her mind, the girl that doesn't care that our status differ, the girl that adores and likes me the way I am and the girl that looks beyond my perfections and sees my imperfections and still wants to be around me. I want the person that stayed up all nights to study with me, to do assignments, to prepare for speeches, the girl that was there when I had everything but I was alone. I want you, Zara." He declared and sighed. "You may not want this as well, Zee and I won't pressure you to. It's your choice."

"Lucien, I can't deny that you've been there and also helped me till this very point of my life. You have sometimes been my knight in shining blue jeans and other times my devil in sheep clothing, but you've helped me. I want to help too but, marriage is a big thing, it's permanent and sacred. We don't love each other, friend, we care yes but love is a different pedestal."

"I know we are not in love but, still I can see my life better with you. We can make this work. Please marry me?"

"Lucien?"

"I promise nothing will change, I will still remain the same till you're ready to move up with me. I'll give you space, time whatever you need. Just please help me?"

"Will I have to quit modelling?"

"No one knows it is you, so why should you have to give up what you love doing? You can continue, I will encourage you but, would never stop you from doing something you love."

Zara contemplated her options, yes or no?

She finally made up her mind. "Then Lucien, I'll…"