Solatium for Silence

"Fuck's sake, Ray. I thought we were asking her to name a price so that she would keep her trap shut."

Michael sighed as soon as Raymond explained the reason that brought Arial to his mansion in the first place. He stared into the distance, considering the matter at hand. He had employed more than enough manpower to ensure the smooth operation of his marijuana business and recruited an extra number of guards to protect him after his close call from the Russians. All in all, there were no vacancies to his drug empire. He wasn't sure about the needs of his consigliere, though. Given that Arial had saved Raymond from the detonation, his consigliere might just need to hire a guard for himself, especially one who possessed ample knowledge in weaponry. Michael pulled the lapels of his robe across his chest before reclining himself in the chesterfield sofa.

"Well, that's up to you, Ray."

"Boss?"

"She came to you, didn't she? You decide if she could be at your disposal."

Out of all decisions Raymond had made from running his errands, a hiring one was a first. He observed Michael as he reached for a cigarette case alongside the whiskey bottle on the coffee table. Michael pulled a stick, crossed one leg over the other before placing the cigarette between his lips. By then, Raymond had already reached into his pocket for a lighter. He lit the cigarette for his boss.

"Are you suggesting carte blanche, Boss?"

Raymond closed the lid and kept the lighter away. His anticipated response came with a puff of smoke.

"So long as you trust her confidentiality."