ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ʜᴏɴɴᴇ ೄྀ࿐

———

———

       FOOTSTEPS boomed through the breezy air as I skipped around the people-filled, blossom themed amusement park.

       The wind blew past my hair and my ears were filled with the wondrous joy of laughter and giggles. Awes, and smiles. This is how life should be. Peace, happiness, no violence or cruelty.

       Unfortunately, my life isn't like that.

       This wonderland was created by my imagination.

      Life-sized teddy bears and sky-blue bunnies were at every entrance of the rides. Swirly ribbons were hung on the railings and poles like snakes. The warm glow of the fairy lights were strung on each lamppost, casting down a mellow sensation for many giggling children. The smiles and laughter filled my heart with happiness.

      But one thing was out of place.

      Just.

      One.

      Little.

      Thing.

      A person with flame-like blue hair had taken a generous seat on the bench. His arms draped along the back with his legs crossed on top of each other.

      Piercing purple eyes were staring at...the ice cream stand? His outfit didn't really seem to fit in either with the other dresses, shirts, and leather shoes. The look on his face was filled with mild confusion, soon crinkling up into a disgusted expression.

      "Hello!  Do you need something?" I ask, skipping up to the strange fellow—purely out of curiosity to see why he was here. "Maybe a—"

      "Shoo," he spat. "I don't want you here."

      ...

      "Erm...sorry?"

      His face hinted a glint of irritation.

      "You seem to be looking at that stand for a while now." I start. "Do you want some ice cream? I like ice cream too!"

      ...

      ...

      ...

"Alright, fine."

I gave a grin before sauntering over to the occupied ice cream cone. Yes, the building was a literal look-a-like of a single scoop of a plain vanilla-bean ice cream in a cone. The tan, crispy door magically swung open from the inside as I welcomed myself in.