ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 - sᴛᴇᴘ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ೄྀ࿐

———

———

    "W-WHAT ARE Y-Y-YOU DO-DOING HERE, AKIO?" I ask, closing the door behind me as quietly as possible. Did she stalk me? Was she going to blackmail me and tell everyone at school my address so that they can thrown rotten eggs and toilet paper at my house?

     "I walked you home yesterday, can't I walk my bestie to school today?" The redhead grins, arms swaying up and down.

     'Oh...I forgot.'

     "Ah—" we have to let her know that we're sorry. "I-I d-d-didn't mean t-that—I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

     'Huh?  We're besties now?'

     "I know!  But I have a question. Why are you stuttering so much.  Like, every sentence you say is in a quiet voice and pieces."

      'Should we let her know?'

      ...

      "I...h-had some stuff happen..."

      "Well don't you fright!" She giggled, patting me on the back. "I'm here to save you from that dreadful stutter of yours!"

      "Thank you..."

      The red haired female giggled before beginning to skip on the crosswalk, backpack bouncing up and down in sync behind her.

      "Wait up!"

      'Is she really a bad person?'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      "Mr. Brunai, read aloud passage eight please."

      I sat in my desk near the front as I slowly scanned each word cautiously, adjusting my milk white glasses every now and then.

      'Brunai...where have I heard that before—'

      "He's in the school's beyblading team, Rideout. Their team leader is Gabe Brunai—but never mind that, do you blade by any chance?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The final bell rung, signaling that another school day was finally over. Kids rushed to the exit, some needing to catch a bus or a quick ride. I began to organize my study notes, pencils, and books, gradually putting them all into my backpack.