.09

You will always fall in love, and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast.

—Catherynne M. Valente

Reminding herself was no exactly easy for her, specially when it was about Jason

Reminding herself was no exactly easy for her, specially when it was about Jason. She could feel her sweaty palms, her million doubts and nervousness taking over. Smelling herself to see if her aroma was decent to be with him. It had been almost fifteen minutes of wait outside of his house. She was hiding behind some bushes to avoid the talk of this town.

Trying to calm herself Terrie looked up to the starry night and wondered what exactly was the last thing Ali saw before they hit her, before they... the door of Jason's house startled her making her jump. She rose from the bushes and walked outside of the dark. But instead of seeing Jason she noticed Mrs. D walking outside toward the gate. Terrie threw herself in the bushes once again to avoid being seen specially by Jason's mother. The bushes moved loudly making Mrs. D eye around before she opened the gate and closed it behind her. Terrie looked through the leaves, she could see Mrs. D was holding her phone against her ear.

"My daughter was murdered." she hissed to whoever she was speaking to through her phone. Terrie didn't move an inch as she heard Mrs. D talking angrily. "You better hide, you better disappear from this earth because I know you are responsible for this" that last statement made Terrie fall on completely. Her chest felt like heavy bricks and her body felt like gravity was pushing her down and wanted her to be swallowed by earth.

"Shit!" she whispered as she felt her hand opening up her wound a little as she tried to gain grip of her legs to avoid making a sound as Mrs. D continued arguing.

"You have no idea what you have done, you didn't just destroy me.. if it was payback, you should have taken it upon me, no... no!! you listen you dirt bag. My daughter was the one in that coffin, it wasn't some kitty or stray dog, you moron!" Mrs. D noticed Jason walking toward the gate. She hung up the phone and tried to compose herself.

"Mom" he said looking around, probably looking for Terrie and she was hoping Mrs. D would just leave before she would cry in pain because her wound kept stretching and her stitches at some point would burst open. "What are you doing outside, is everything okay?" he asked grabbing his mother's arms.

"Yes!" she awkwardly answered. "I mean, no obviously for what we are going through but it was just a client call. They just can't even respect my daughter's funeral and our pain. But it's okay" she rambled making Terrie believe that Mrs. D knew who had killed her daughter but hadn't said anything to the authorities. Perhaps she knew who was A, maybe she was covering it all. Terrie's thoughts felt louder, like at some point Jason and his mother would hear her thoughts. She looked down trying to breathe slowly. Herself sweating more than her palms at this moment. "I'm going inside. Be careful out there" she walked away from his grip and inside the gates where darkness followed her.