- o b l i v i a t e -

A/N: Yes, this is a bonus chappie because of the plot bunny :) Anyway....angst time!! Inspired by pic above, absolutely awesome! Also, this is my first songfic, so all you well-meaning critics - welcome! The lyrics are a little bit doctored so...here are the originals (https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Lips/We-Don-t-Have-Much-Time) KK and on with the oneshot!

We don't have much time

Draco was shaking as he pointed his wand at Harry on the deck of the astronomy tower, his beautiful striking silver-grey eyes illuminated by the first flashes of lightning, revealing them to be filled with pain and sorrow, tear tracks making their way down his face, which features were twisted in sadness. Harry didn't look very different, his wand hand slack at his side, his shirt ripped, his bright emerald eyes mirroring the pain in Draco's own eyes. He pleaded in a broken whisper, barely louder than the harsh wind and the sound of neo death eaters rushing through the castle.

So say exactly what's been on your mind

"Please don't do this, Draco. I'm asking you now, do you love me, or even just like me?"

" Of course I love you, Harry. But I can't give you the answer I want."

His voice trembled, shaking and unsteady. His question came out in what could have been a whisper of the wind, instead of a human voice. 

"W-why, Draco? W-why? I know I've never been good enough for you, but WHY!"

We don't have much choice, so go ahead and use your voice

His voice peaked at the end, and he was shouting in his grief, his tears mingling with the heavy rain pouring from the grey, almost black sky, where thunder rumbled and light flashed, forks of lightning shooting down from the heavens. Draco leaned forward, kissing him passionately and revelling in the way that his body fit so well into Harry's for the very last time. He discreetly took his wand out and performed a spell.

"Stupefy."

 "You-you are so perfect. I-I'll never be good enough for you."

I thought about it every day, I've racked my brains to find another way

And he spoke the dreaded words of the incantation.

"Obliviate".

And despite how I wish it, I won't belong to you

As Harry collapsed to the floor and Draco draped his invisibility cloak around him, the death eaters approached. Thinking quickly, he hid Harry away beneath the big bronze bell, turning to face the remaining neo death eaters, enraged at the loss of their leader, come to seek revenge on Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. One by one, all of them - everyone, even Draco himself, collapsed on the floor slick with the rain.

And he was happy, died with a smile on his lips, because his Harry was safe, he was protected, and that was all that ever mattered to Draco.

We don't have any more time.