Ivana S. Modality Homework

A/N: So, this was for my English homework (modality) and I decided to theme it Harry Potter, and also decided to post it here as an extra little tidbit for you guys to enjoy :) So, it's not Drarry but...oh well. Without further ado...

THE BOY MUST DIE

(Characters belong to JK Rowling's Harry Potter, I do not own them. However, I do own the plot of the paragraph below. Post James and Lily's deaths.)

He stood amidst the swirling mist of the graveyard, stalking amidst the chipped, cracked gravestones of Little Hangleton Graveyard, black robes fluttering in an unseen wind, cold, malevolent ice blue eyes swirling with hatred. Snake-like slitted pupils narrowed as they glared down at the pathetically grovelling servant prostrating himself at his feet.

"Rise, Wormtail!"

"Y-yes, master..."

"Bring you any news on the boy?"

"...no, no..."

He chuckled sadistically, lifting an ornate silver dagger and flicking it across the servant's hand, drawing blood. The man yelped and he chuckled darkly once more, bringing the blade to his lips and licking at the fresh blood dripping from the blade.

"Now, tell me...half-breed...how shall I punish you for your incompetence...? Should I..."

"N-no sir, please, no..."

"Crucio!"

Wormtail writhed on the ground, holding his sides in agony as white-hot pain spread through his veins, unbearable and inevitable.

The Dark Lord lowered his wand, sneering coldly at the man, a sort of sick joy visible on his snake-like features.

"Well, well Wormtail, you may be useful...yet..."

"Thank you, Master, thank-"

"QUIET!"

Voldemort's ice blue eyes filled with ice-cold fire, and Wormtail flinched away. His next words were filled with seething, barely contained venom, and the wind around the two figures seemed to get just a little stronger.

"Harry Potter must die."