Chapter 30

When Deacon had arrived, she saw that the door was open, but there was no car, that's odd, where'd he go? When she entered she heard no one, but she could see tire marks, something's not right. She slowly made her way further into the studio, her heart was racing.
The moment she neared the platform she wished she'd never come into the studio at all, 'Michael!' She screamed at the top of her lungs, he was dead, well and truly dead. No one would have been able to survive being bludgeoned to death, with his own fucking camera! She felt faint, there was so much blood, too much blood. Quickly dialed through to Baloc, she'd managed to snag one of his card from the office before the shooting. His voice was groggy, but she didn't care if she just woke up, 'Agent Robertson? It's Georgina!' He suddenly didn't sound so sleepy, 'Dea- Miss Georgina, what's wrong?'

'He's dead!'

'Who's dead!?'

'My assistant, I'm at my studio, he arrived before me, someone attacked him, I don't know how long he's been lying here!'"

She heard a shark intake of breath before speaking, 'alright, I'll be there as soon as possible, the officers will get to you first, get to some place safe, I don't want you in there, stay on the line okay, until you find a safe spot'.
She quickly rushed next door, a hair salon, but she wasn't going to say anything to the ladies, she didn't want anyone to be on edge, 'I'm with other people right now, I think I'll be okay'.

'Good, now stay there, my team will take care of the rest'.

He hung up. That was it, he's coming, you're going to see him again. This time, don't screw things up.

The sounds of the sirens seemed to be distant, but when she looked up, she saw that they had all parked and officers began to emerge from the vehicles. God this can't be happening, she covered her face as she tried to stop the tears from falling, she lost Michael. She was so engrossed with keeping herself together, she hadn't heard the footsteps making their way to her, it was only when her name was called did she uncovered her face to look up.
Baloc crouched down in front of her, 'are you hurt?' She shook her head, 'he's gone, Michael's gone, someone killed him!' He grabbed her by the shoulder, 'shhh, I know, just take a couple of breaths alright, I'm here now'. His voice was soft and stern and it felt like a blanket of security for her.

'I called him not that long ago, he said he was alone and he had a new camera he wanted to show me. I hadn't been into work for quite some time, so he was looking after the place for me and a few others as well'.

Baloc looked over to where the officers began to tape off the area, he had to go see the victim, but when he went to push himself up onto his feet, Deacon's hand shot out and grabbed the sleeve of his coat, 'please don't leave me', her eyes were wide with fear, he lowered himself down once again, 'I won't, I'm right here'. He placed his hand on top of hers as he looked into her eyes, he was swimming in them and having the sun beating down made them even more astounding.
He also had to push aside the fact that he dreamed that he was actually screwing her last night, it was only a dream, but oh how he wanted it to be real. He snapped out of his stupor when he felt something gently touch his cheek, she'd touched him. Deacon quickly drew her hand back, as if she'd been stung, 'sorry, you were in a trance and you weren't answering me'.

'Sorry, what were you saying?'

'I was wondering if this was enough to show that I'm being targeted?'

God, it was enough, the first time were photos, the second time was the shoot, I'm pretty sure the bullets were intended for her and now this? It's funny how it seems to connect... So what do you think? What're you gonna tell her?

He didn't want to scare her though, 'there may be a possibility, but', he cleared his throat, 'I'll see to it that we sort something out for your safety'. He couldn't help but rub his thumb against her knuckles, he wouldn't usually do that, but this time he felt that it was the right thing to do. You did it the first time, hell you can do it again.