Chapter One: Who is he?

First day of term

"Ugh..." Hinata thought. Summer was already by with and it was now back to the grind of school life. The only thing to look forward to was volleyball practice. He was normally energetic and full of life but... there is just something about the first day of school term that is so...... depressing? I can't describe the feeling.

The countdown has started. Only, what, a billion hours to go? Yeah, feels something like that, he thought.

"Good Morning everyone" announced Mrs Tanaka.

"Before we commence homeroom, I'd like to introduce a new transfer student..."

A new transfer student?... Who could it be? ...Is it a boy?... A girl?... Where are they from?... I hope she's pretty!... I hope he's cute...

"Who cares...." Hinato says to himself, tuning out the chatter of his classmates.

"OK! BE QUIET!!" Ordered Mrs Tanaka.

Silence.......

Mrs Tanaka takes a breath and turns towards the door: "Don't be shy. Come in and introduce yourself to the class", she says with a smile.

The shy, transfer student steps through the door

"Wahhh!!! He's a foreigner!!!" the class erupts in amazement. Everyone is super excited to find out everything about him.

This is so exciting!!!!

"I MEAN IT!! BE QUIET!!" Mrs Tanaka shouts in frustration

Hinata rolls his eyes. "What's the big deal?" he thought. So what if he's a foreigner, it's not like foreigners aren't uncommon.

He sighs again and decides to force his gaze to see what all the fuss was about.

Then he saw him....

This.... Stranger.... Walking slowly towards the podium.

He was tall, with short dark blond hair, blue eyes that sort of sparkled with a hint of muscle showing through his clothes.

"He's so cute" the girls whispered to each other.

The shy boy reaches the podium and faces the class. He looks around and is drastically trying to think of what to say.....

"Go on! Tell everyone your name and where you're from?" ushers Mrs Tanaka.

"H-Hello...I....I'm Nishiyama Fìonnlaigh [pronounced Finlay], but p-people call me Fìonn. I'm from a small village in the Scottish Highlands. I-I grew up in Scotland, b-but my step-father got a new job in Japan s-so we had to move.....here"

"It's nice to meet you all" He says as he bows.

"He's Scottish! OMG! That's so cool! I love the Scottish accent" the girls continue to whisper in excitement.

Hinata stares curiously at Nishiyama. Why was he all of a sudden fascinated by this person? Sure, he's from a faraway place and he looks different, I guess that could be enough to make someone seem fascinating. But.... Still.... Why is Hinata staring...?

"Thanks for that Nishiyama! Take a seat next to Hinata at the back" Mrs Tanaka points.

Hinata's eyes widen and sits up straight on his chair. Why is he nervous all of a sudden?

Nishiyama slowly walks to the back of the class, hearing the mumbled whispers of his new classmates, knowing that they are talking about him but not quite making out what they are saying. He makes it to the desk next to Hinata...

"H-Hi...." He says nervously

"Hello" Hinata replies with a nod.

Nishiyama gives a nervous, crooked smile and sits at the desk next to Hinata.

Hinata stares out the window. He's drowned out his teachers voice. He's not paying attention.

He's... thinking...

He can feel Nishiyama's presence next to him.

He senses his aura, his....power. He can feel a pit in his stomach.

But why is that the case? Why is he getting such a strong aura from him? Why is he so bothered about this person he's never met before?

He can't understand what's going on?

What is going on!?

As these questions are swirling round his head, he says to himself.......

Who is he...................