Ch.2 Who are Guardians?

12/10/12
A/N: Thank you to all of you who had read this when I asked! For a lot of you reading this, I've read your stories also, and I love every single one!

Oh and I wanted to add, to all you Directioners reading this, my friend @1Dxoxcat has some 1D fanfics that she has written. I'm sure ya'll would love em. I sure do!

____________________

Ch. 2 Who are Guardians?

"Look how adorable she is!" I heard an excited female voice chirp. "I wonder if..." She didn't finish as I felt fingers enter my mouth.

"Tooth!" a deep, gruff voice said. "Hands out of mouth." He had a kind of Russian accent or something.

"Sorry!" The hands left my mouth. "She's already lost two teeth, and they're so nice for a little kid's!"

My eyes were closed and I didn't really have any intention to open them. They felt like lead and these people were scaring me.

"Where did you find her?" an Australian accent asked.

"Baby Tooth found her," a teenager boy's voice replied. "She was near Pitch's lair about a couple meters or so away from the frost barrier I made to keep Pitch restrained."

So that's what that was! No wonder it was so dang cold.

"I picked her up and brought her to Sandy," the teenage boy voice continued. "He let her dream, but a strange thing happened. Her dream turned into black sand, like the one Pitch used with the Nightmares."

"Now that you mention it, something feels awfully dark and sinister about this girl," the Australian accent commented.

"She's just a sweet little girl, Bunnymund," Tooth scolded Bunnymund.

"You know who she is, North?" the teenage boy voice asked.

There was a pause. "No," the guy with the Russian accent sounded confused. "I don't, which is weird, ya know, me being Santa and all."

Suddenly, a sharp little thing poked my forehead. I groaned and let out a little yelp of surprise.

"She's awake!" North exclaimed.

I rolled over onto my back and rubbed my eyes. "Daddy?" I asked in a whisper. I hadn't been listening to their conversation and I wouldn't really be able to understand half of it anyway because it was grown up stuff.

I opened my eyes to see a teenager around the fifteen through seventeen range staring at me with ice blue eyes. His snow white hair glimmered in the sunrise light. He took out a hand and lightly touched my cheek. It was cold! "What is your name, little girl?" he asked me in a calm, gentle voice.

I looked around and spotted the rest that were by him. There was a big guy, who I assumed was North. Then there was the girl, who also looked around fifteen to seventeen. It was hard to tell considering she had feathers all over her body, except her face. I guesed she was Tooth because she's the only one who put her hands in my mouth. There was a tall bunny who looked sorta like a kangaroo. I guessed he was Bunnymund since he looked like a bunny and all. Beside him was a short man made out of sand and I guessed he was Sandy who made me dream.

As you can tell, I'm a very smart cookie, even when I was younger.

"I'm Athena," I said very shyly. "Who are you?"

"That's a very lovely name and all of us are Guardians." the teenager smiled at me and reached his hands out to pick me up. I had no clue what a Guardian was at that time so I let is slide by. The guy picked me up and he was really cold! "You're cold!" I informed the guy and shivered.

"Yes, I know," the guy laughed. "I don't have the name Jack Frost for nothing."

Jack Frost? I've heard Dad mention that name before, but Mom wont tell me why, and neither will Dad. Jack must have seen the look on my face because he asked: "Something wrong?"

"I've heard your name before."

"Oh, really?" Jack raised his eyebrows. "Wait," he thought something over. "You can see me!" he suddenly exclaimed and started jumping around.

"Hey!" I gripped onto his blue hoodie.

"Oh, hehe, sorry." Jack stopped bouncing.

"Why would I not be able to see you?" I asked, puzzled.

"It's hard to explain," Jack sighed. "Maybe you'll find out when you're older."

"That's what Mommy and Daddy told me when I asked about..." I was going to finish with 'when I asked about my tooth' but then I suddenly realized that I don't have my tooth. "Where's my tooth?" I asked as I turned around to look, but not letting go of Jack.

"Oh," Tooth smiled. "Baby Tooth put it away." Hovering next to Tooth was a little miniature version of Tooth. She even had the same golden feather on her head. "Athena," She flew next to Jack and looked at me. "You've lost another tooth, right?" I nodded and she had a puzzled look on her face. She turned towards Baby Tooth. "Have you ever gotten a tooth from this child?" Baby Tooth shook her head. Even though there are a lot of kids, the Toothfaries remember every single thing there is about a child's collection of teeth.

"Daddy said that he didn't want you to have it so he took it away and hid it," I explained. I had no clue that I was blowing all of Dad's secrets. "He wouldn't tell me why and Mom told me I'll know when I'm older."

"Who is your father?" North asked. My seven year-old brain didn't catch the worry and fear in his tone.

"Mom calls him Pitch," I said and shrugged. They all gasp and look at me with wide eyes.

____________

A.N: It's a cliffy! Mwahahaha! I just love these things so if you continue to read this story (or any of my others) a lot of them will end in cliffhangers :P

So, you likie? Please comment and vote to tell me how I've done so far! I'd love some fans while I'm at it but I'm not begging. I really love this plot and honestly, I can't stop writing it so please tell me what you think so I can continue it!

Edit 6/12/15: Man, was I deperate for comments but that's understandable, right?