Ch.13 Fight Practice

I trudged into the house and drop my bag slipped onto the floor. I groaned and pick it back up. I feel really tired but even more confused than ever.

Suddenly, Isaac came rushing by yelling, "FIGHT PRACTICE WITH DADDY-O!!!!!!!!!" He bumped my shoulder and my bag slid off my shoulder again.

"Would you quit it!" I shouted at him and picked up my bag again.

"AND YOU DON'T GET TO COME!" he raced by me again and made my bag frakking slid off again.

"I said quit it!" I glared at him and he froze in place. And I'm not exaggerating. He was literally frozen, except without the frost. "Erm.....?" I walked over to him and burst out laughing.

"It ish na hunny!" Isaac had his mouth open from when he was in the middle of screaming and it stayed open when he was frozen. "Hut hid you oh ho e?" is what he said next over my laughter.

"I can't hear a word you say." I smirked and pulled my phone out. I snapped a picture of him like that and snickered.

"Ey!" Isaac tried to glare at me but of course it didn't work. "Elfh e!"

"Nah." I shook my head and left him there.

"I unna ell ad!"

"I don't think he'll be able to understand you." I turned back around and crossed my arms. "That's what happens when you mess with me, little bro."

"Oh ave owers?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, I no speak your language." I know what he said but I laughed and walked up the stairs to my room like I didn't hear him. I could hear him attempt to scream as I walked into my room.

I guess I really do have powers. Should I tell Dad? No, bad idea. He'll make me use them against the Guardians, which I do not want at all so no it is then. All I have to do is keep them under control and not randomly freeze Isaac when I get mad. Or make random little cages out of black sand that trap tooth fairies. Yeah, not my greatest day.

I flopped onto my bed and pulled out my math homework. It was easy stuff so I got it finished in no time. Soon it was dinner, and I could smell parmesan chicken with mashed potatoes, corn, gravy and cheese. My stomach growled loudly. I clutched my stomach to try to muffle the noise.

Suddenly, my door burst open. "Hey!" I screamed, not even bothering to see who it was first. It was Isaac so yelling at him was ok. "What the heck do you want?!"

"Dinner's ready." Isaac wandered around my room and glanced at my laptop sitting open on my desk. "Unless you don't want any, then you can yell at me again." He turned to me and crossed his arms. "You're in big trouble for freezing me."

"How do you even know it was me?" I glared at him and shut my math book with a loud slam. Isaac winced and uncrossed his arms. "I don't have any powers 'k?" I got off the bed and shoved him out the door. "Don't barge in unless you knock first. If you don't, you don't even want to know what I'm going to do to you."

We hurried down to the kitchen and sat down at the table. Isaac kept shooting me looks and I stuck my tongue out at him. I'm so mature eh?

Dad came over with plates and Mom was carrying silver-ware. We got all dished up and dug in. "How was school?" Dad asked.

"Boring as ever." Isaac groaned with a mouthful of chicken.

Dad nodded in acknowledgment then turned to me. "It was....interesting." I shrugged and stabbed at my mashed potatoes. Suddenly, I could feel the necklace burn in my pocket. I forgot it was there and tried not to cry out. I must have made a funny face because everyone was staring at me. "Um, excuse me." I got up as quickly as I could and rushed to the bathroom.