Chapter 13: Awkward Situation

Annalise's POV

The next day when I woke up, I cooked breakfast. After cooking, I took a bath, get dressed, and eat breakfast.

After my morning routine, I am now going to university. When I was walking, I stopped at the condo building where Ace is living. Ace would always wait for me here. Now he would not wait for me anymore because we are not in a fake relationship.

When I arrive at the university, I went straight to the classroom and sat on my chair.

"Good morning, Anna,"

"Good morning, Sel,"

"Are you feeling ok now?"

"Yup"

"Why are you not feeling well yesterday?"

"I don't know. I suddenly got a headache,"

"Ok. Glad that you are ok now,"

Classes start, and after a few hours, it's the end of class, and it's lunchtime.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, Anna. I'm starving,"

"Ok"

Selena and I went to the cafeteria, find a table, and buy our lunch. After buying our lunch, we ate and talked about what happened yesterday at the university festival.

"May we join you?"

I look up, and it's James and Ace. OMG! Ace is here. The two of them take a seat and eat. Luckily I'm glad that I'm almost finished eating my lunch. I have an excuse for this awkward situation. I can't look at Ace that is in front of me, and I should avoid him at all costs.

"Uhm. I shall go back to the classroom,"

"Why?" Selena said.

"I remember that I have something to do,"

"Ok"

I quickly got away to that awkward situation.

Narrator's POV

After some minutes that Annalise left, Ace also left the cafeteria. Selena and James are the ones left.

"Why do I feel like there's something wrong?"

"I agree with you, Selena,"

"I think something is going on with them, or maybe they had a fight, perhaps?"

"Yup. I observed that the two of them don't look at each other's eyes, and that's the first time,"

"I observed the awkward situation. Anna and Ace are not like that. I think I need to discuss this with Anna,"

"You should and I with Ace,"

"Ok"

After Selena and James talked, they went back to the classroom.

Fast forward, and it's the end of class. Annalise is about to go out when Selena stopped her.

Stop right there, Anna,"

"What is it, Sel?"

"We need to talk,"

"About what?"

"I know that you are hiding something from me. Did something happen between you and Ace? Did you have a fight or something? The scene at the cafeteria is something because I can feel the awkward situation between you two,"

"Ok. Uhm, yesterday. I confessed to Ace,"

"What?"

The students in the hallway turn their heads to them.

"Shh. Stop shouting"

"Ok. What? You confessed to Ace?"

"Yup"

"And?"

"He rejected me. As expected. That's why I left the cafeteria because I find the situation awkward,"

"James and I noticed it. OMG! You like Ace, but he rejected you. What happened after he rejected you?"

"I said that we are through being in a fake relationship and I told myself to avoid him to forget these feelings that I'm feeling for him,"

"I can't argue with that. I support your decision, Anna,"

"Thanks, Sel"

"Ok. I will take my leave first,"

"Ok. Take care"

Annalise slowly walked in the hallway and is heading outside the university building.

Prince Ace's POV

I was being silly this morning because I waited for Anna, and I forgot that we are not in a fake relationship anymore. I got used to this, waiting for Anna. I slap my head and head to the university.

During lunch, James and I joined Anna and Selena. Anna didn't even look at me. After some minutes, Anna said that she has something to do, so she left. I also left after I'm done eating my lunch.

I was walking in the hallway when James called me.

"What is it, James?"

"What happened between you and Anna?"

"Anna confessed to me yesterday, and I rejected her"

"Why? She's the perfect girl, bro. You lost a precious flower. Do you even like her or have an attraction to her?"

"I like her, but not in a romantic way. And I'm not interested in love,"

"Yeah, yeah. But I hope you will wake up one day and realize something. Got to go. Bye"

James left.

When I was outside the university building, I saw Anna. Maybe she is heading back to the apartment.