Unexpected Sleepover

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I pull into my parking space at the Apartments and park the car. I pull the key out of the ignition and look over at Astrid. She sits there with her head laying against the window, sleeping.

I smile a small smile and get out of the car. I walk over to her side and open the door. I pick her up bridal style and shut the door with my foot. I walk into the lobby and to the elevator. I try to reach the button with my hand but it's hard when you're holding someone.

"Need a hand Hiccup?" I turn to see the doorman, Tony, watching me struggle.

"Please?" I ask. he walks over and presses the arrow pointing up. "Thanks."

"No problem. So, she your new girlfriend?" He asks.

"No! She's my partner for my new job. She was having a bit of trouble and she needed a place to stay for the night, so I brought her here." I explain.

The elevator doors open and I walk in. Tony steps in and presses the 14th button before stepping out again. I thank him and the doors close. We move up and I feel a movement in my arms.

I look down and see Astrid cuddling up against me. I smile and hold her a bit closer to me. I see a faint smile spread on those soft pink lips of hers. I smile and wait for the doors to open.

When they open, I step out and head down the hall. I walk to my door and set Astrid on the floor gently. I get out my key and unlock it before opening it. I pick Astrid up and walk through the door. Toothless stands there wagging his tail like crazy.

"Toothless, door." Toothless walks over to the door and shuts it with his nose. "Good boy! I'll give you a treat in a sec."

Now where can Astrid sleep tonight?

I don't want to put her on the couch, that wouldn't be nice for a guest. Hope is in her room so I can't put Astrid there. I'll let her sleep in my room.

I walk up the stairs with Toothless following me. When we reach the top, I hear the creaking of a door. I watch as my sister's door opens and reviles a messy haired 16 year old.

"Hiccup? What's going on? Why are you not in bed? And why are you carrying Astrid?" She rubs her eyes and yawns.

"Astrid had a rough night and called me to get her. She needed a place to stay for the night so I picked her up and brought her here." I explain.

"You can put her in my room." She offers.

"It's fine, I'm gonna put her in my room." I say.

"Where are you gonna sleep then?" She asks.

"The couch. Don't worry, I'll be fine. Just go back to bed." I tell her.

"Okay, night." She yawns.

"Night sis. Love you!" I walk to my room and push open the door.

I walk over to my bed and lay her on it. I gently sit her up and gently pull off her coat. I lay her down and gently take off her shoes. I place them in the chair in the corner and cover her in the blankets.

I chuckle as I watch her curl up into the blankets. I kiss her on the forehead and see a faint smile cross her lips. I sit on the edge of the bed and just admire her beauty for awhile.

"I'm really starting to fall for you Astrid, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. You probably like my cousin better than me. Its understandable, I mean he's great at everything. He's better than me I admit. I could never be as great as him. I really hope he actually cares for you. I just hope he doesn't do anything to hurt you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he did. His reputation would be reflected off of me. He's my cousin and I'm the Mayor's son. Whatever he does, he finds a way to bring it to me. I'm the one who's supposed to be protecting you and I wouldn't know what to do if you got hurt. I promise I will protect you, I will even protect you from my own cousin if I have to. Nobody knows what he's like but me. I would tell you but I don't want to ruin your relationship with him. I don't want to sound like one of those obsessive guys who would do anything just to get the girl. If I have to I'll wait forever for a chance with you. If you and Nick end up getting married, I'll look everywhere for a girl like you. I'm falling hard for you Astrid, and I don't know what else to do to keep my miind off of you. I'm feeling something that I've never felt with anyone before, not even Heather. I can't believe I'm saying this.....I love you Astrid, and I always will."