Part 5

April 13, 2020
To: DBuzz
From: OtiBaby
Subject: Ummm hello?

Paging Dianne Buswell. Paging Dianne Buswell. 

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! 

It's been over 24 hours with no news about Neighbor Joe. Did I freak you out with all that talk of your past relationship? I didn't mean to. Marius says sometimes I put my foot in my mouth but in this case I really don't think I did. You are in such a better place now than you were at the beginning of the year. Miss Independent, living on your own in London, sharing an email flirtmance with your hot next door neighbor.

Which speaking of Joe...is he back?! Is that why you've been MIA? 

I TOLD YOU I NEED CONSTANT UPDATES!

April 13, 2020
To: CasparLee
From: Suggyyy
Subject: I'm fucked

Mate. I know you hate email but I need somewhere to write this all down, okay? 

I think I'm falling in love with my neighbor.

I know you're going to think I'm absolutely bonkers and that I've been hit in the head and am concussed to a point where I don't know what I'm doing or saying but just listen, okay?

I had to go out to Wiltshire to help my granddad with something (don't even ask) - and I really, really missed Dianne. Like, to the point where even my mum knew something was up because I was being a right prick. 

I got an earlier train home than I anticipated and I invited her over for dinner. You know, like a little "I missed you and I want you to know I missed you, but don't want to freak you out since we've only known each other a few weeks" type of dinner.

And she came over, and she greeted me with a giant bear hug. Like the kind where you can tell the person REALLY meant it. Even when I told her I could have been exposed to Wiltshire Covid, she said she didn't care. And then we ate dinner and she giggled a lot...I mean I know I'm funny but she acted like I was a damn comedian. (Can't lie, it's good for my ego. Every other date I've been on in the past year they aren't as keen on my dad jokes.)

And then we ended up on the sofa, sipping wine and telling each other...everything. She finally told me about her past dating history. She's been through a lot. Her last boyfriend sounds like a total dick and it was when she looked at me and explained how deeply that relationship affected her that I realized...I think I'm falling in love with her. Not just the beautiful professional dancer side of her, but like...every part of her. Even the part of her that's sad and cries...or that is clueless at cooking and nearly gives me the shits for two days from her hot curry. I want to be around her all the time, and it's not just because I'm locked inside and she's the only person I've had meaningful conversations with in the last month. 

She stayed over that night and the next night. Even though she lives next door, she stayed in my flat with me talking, and kissing and watching stupid TV. She finally just left because she said she needed to wash her hair and didn't want to dye my shower red, and I almost told her I didn't mind. 

I'm really fucked aren't I? 

Joe

April 13, 2020
To: OtiBaby
From: DBuzz
Subject: Re: Ummm hello?

Sorry, sorry, sorry! 

I've been very...distracted. 

Joe came back. You actually freaking called it, he booked a train home and we had dinner at his place. And then...I just sort of never left. Until this morning. I was there FOR OVER 24 HOURS.