Chapter 8

The stone scraped against her palms, trails of blood making different lines that seemed too quick or too dry for an art piece this specific.

Y/N gasped, but no air came into her lungs. The world seemed to be upside down even if she was right side up. Her vision began to blur as she felt the desperate tears roll down her cheeks, her nose clogging up, making it even harder to take in a single breath in.

She whimpered. It was painful. So so painful. Her lungs seemed to be compressing against her ribcage. A desperate attempt to get the needed gas the body needed to function.

Y/N forced her eyes open. Her vision could barely perceive any object or outline. It was a blurred landscape seen from the top of her now four month old room. It was a light grey. Such a still color that managed to become rather calming for her. As the roof now had that unreachable tint of dried red.

Her body suddenly felt free, floating in the air as if she was resting on a cloud. But she knew what was coming. Her arms wrapped around her head as she felt the impact on her right shoulder, again. A sound strong enough, she knew someone from the convent had to hear it at least once.

She began to whine as the pain seemed to take away all her strength. Cuts reopened, bones moved from their original places. Coughs shook her body even more, making it burn inside her system.

Wooyoung suddenly woke up, his body jolting up, the mattress creaking in distress from the speed and force of the demon that was resting on it.

Y/N tried to sit up.

"You just went to sleep" She said calmly, sniffling as she tried to keep her hands from getting dirty.

Wooyoung's eyes were blood red. His wing seemed to burn in a black fire. Marks of black and gold took over his skin. But as if Y/N could really see these details now, her vision blurry from tears and lack of any oxygen.

"Jennifer passed away in an accident" She coughed. "Mother took me to say a small goodbye"

Wooyoung suddenly towered over her.

"What did you do to me?" He said, his voice seemingly doubled as she could hear it inside her skull as well.

"Nothing" Y/N breathed out. "You were the one attacking and destroying stuff"

Y/N used the back of her hand to push his head to the side. The entire wall had been knocked down, rubble and dust led to an abyss.

Y/N hugged herself in a futile attempt at comfort.

Wooyoung looked down at his hands. Deep red marks of something similar to scratches made their way from his palm to his forearm. A sinking feeling took over his chest. Fear? Confusion?

"You've been going on and on about a perfect soul" Y/N said, blinking away the blurriness. Her voice seemed to dig away at her vocal cords. "And you've been attacking me"

Anger. There was anger in her system. Not fear.

Wooyoung looked around confused. The black and white pupils. The foam. The lifeless corpse that Y/N had turned into.

His hands suddenly extended towards her, two fingers finding the woman's pulse. It was rapid, it was lively. It was there.

A sense of misplaced relief came over his chest.

"Another sister passed away" Y/N said. "Don't know who it was exactly."

Wooyoung looked up. Y/N looked normal now, sitting up on the floor staring into a space made only inside her mind.

"Her head was impaled into a spear, face first" She said, her eyes turning to him.

Wooyoung's hands stayed by her neck, the feeling under his fingers addicting. It was like touching silk.