Chapter 9

Y/N frowned. Why was that not news to her? Was it normal now? To be called soulless? Demonic? Gone?

"You don't seem surprised?" Wooyoung said, his words lost into an abyss opened in Y/N's mind.

"Why should I be?" Y/N answered, slow trails of saliva coming down from the corner of her lips.

Wooyoung frowned, a baffled expression decorating his face.

"Cause that means you are dead?" He said, sitting down on one of the chairs. His tone was so indifferent. As if common knowledge was all his statement could be.

Y/N chuckled, shaking her head softly.

Wooyoung felt a strange sense of guilt creep up his chest.

"What about the soul?" She asked carefully. "The pure one?"

"Funnily enough, it's not here anymore" He said, his tone distant.

Y/N paused, a sensation that could only be described as confusion weighted into her chest. She was frustrated. Sad. Betrayed?

"So no soul?" Y/N said, a shift in tone that could send chills down anyone's spines. And Wooyoung could feel it too. "All of this was for nothing?"

He blinked a few times, tilting his head slightly. "Not really. Found out soulless lie among others"

Y/N scoffed, but her body felt powerful. As her eyes scanned the skin, all the marks from their deal were gone. Other injuries from their back and forth were present. Back and forth? What back and forth?

Y/N blinked forcefully as everything became blurry. An anger, almost red, seemed to seep into her veins in strong shots. Abigail was dead. Jennifer was dead. Probably many more were dead as her friend's candles were not alone in the stand. She didn't remember much of her isolation. What had he done to her? What was he planning to do? What did he want now? He used her, yes, and she allowed it, but the main goal was completely missed. At this point, she would believe him if he said Mother was dead.

Mother. The rat. She was that one. A mole among the girls. Someone raised under the building.

But she already knew that, why was her brain replaying it like a broken record?

Suddenly, hands held onto her wrists tightly. Y/N snapped out of her mind, seeing Wooyoung pressing a cloth against her wrists. Red. Was that her blood?

"You're going insane" He exclaimed, but Y/N was weirdly calm, sending waves of panic through his system.

"I am" She mumbled, making Wooyoung pause.

He looked up. That so familiar void of an eye stared at him, next to a complete empty white one. He didn't imagine her going crazy that day.

She muttered something but Wooyoung wasn't able to understand it. It was as if her voice was more distant than her. A low laugh shaking her body, starting a strange twitching.

Wooyoung reached forwards, holding onto her cheek softly. There was a strange admiration he had in that moment. He had heard of it in the depths of his years. Someone making a pure vessel a destroyed entity. One that was only driven by opportunity. Opportunity of revenge or hollow freedom. And Y/N was the perfect one for that.

Y/N gagged, getting out of his grasp. He tried to hold onto her again, but her movements became bigger.

"Y/N?" He called out weakly, a sense of almost panic setting in his veins. What did he do? What could he do?

—–

Mother didn't move.

Wooyoung got a sense of pride in him. Almost too big for his wings type of pride.