Chapter 10

Once your soul is taken, you go nowhere. You are lost as the meal of whatever entity decided to eat you up. But Y/N felt confused as she walked around a field. It was peaceful and familiar, yet the only place she had ever seen like this was through the pages on a black and white sketch. She remembered her Mother never letting her go out of the convent or church. Always staying between her and the church, never the world. Was that why she suffered this fate? Seeing her body get lost to a malfunction?

Y/N sighed. It was so nice to be in silence and in peace. The green of the grass was accompanied by purples and pinks of the blurry flowers. Most of the world was blurry, but even then, Y/N could tell everything apart. The sounds of the trees rustling in the soft wind brought a sense of size to this place. She could see small hills and a forest, but she stayed by the flowers. Was it a habit? Probably.

Y/N smiled as a calm breeze allowed the sun to just shine. It was such a weird feeling of peace but she liked it. And she knew it would be temporary.

Wooyoung opened his eyes, his entire body having a deep sore feeling to it. He looked around. The room was empty and dark. He groaned, forcing his body to stand up.

Everything around him was still, silent, as if nothing was ever there in the first place. He looked to the side, finding a forgotten blanket hanging from the bed frame. Little dots of blood and something else staining the top.

He frowned as he began to move forwards, but his legs felt like they were almost about to bend backwards. As if the bone couldn't hold itself together at all.

He groaned. He was disoriented somehow, but he was where he fell asleep.

The sound of something hitting the ground loudly took his attention. If his wings were not out yet, now they were. Their old look of almost bone was now full. Black feathers making their way in thick layers. Those were gone so long ago.

He moved quickly, his body still feeling weak and sore.

As he stood straight, something pushed the door open. Someone. A bloodied, almost dead figure stood straight across from him. But he recognized the figure. Red marks slid all the way down her bare arms along with thick droplets of blood. Hand holding hair and flesh. A head.

Wooyoung's eyes went wide.

He came closer, holding onto her shoulders, the head hitting the floor with a squished thud. Soft sobs came into his ears as he tried to find her eyes. His wings shrunk into his back slowly.

"Y/N" He muttered, finally holding onto her face properly.

He moved her head up softly, streams of dark colored liquid, red and tears seemed to stain her cheeks.

"I'm sorry" She muttered in between sobs.

Wooyoung inspected her face. She was alive. But he took her soul. He ate it up. It gave him his wings back. He was at full potential. Why was she alive?

"I woke up holding her head. Wendy was just there..." She muttered.

She suddenly sunk down, her knees hitting the ground loudly.

Wooyoung winced.

"And now..." She breathed out, her knuckles showing strain as she held onto the fabric of her garments tightly. "I'm going to kill you"

Wooyoung paused. His body suddenly felt as if bile was going up his throat, begging to come out. Did he hear it right? Was she?

She suddenly held onto his leg, her hands suddenly gaining black marks. Wooyoung could only watch. Whatever human trick she could do would never kill him.