Chapter 7

It was as if a line between reality and fantasy fused into one single point. A point in which grief had turned into each of its stages all at once. That belief of a constant that never seems to flow.

"What?" Y/N mumbled softly, her eyes focused on her newly patch up limb.

A dry sense of dread settled in her chest. A ball more specifically. It grew at an alarming rate, but her body was as still as ever. A cold sensation seemed to coat her skin as if a thick oil-like substance was doused upon her. It didn't share that memory of the ice cold water that ripped through slashes and bruises made by those horrendous wips. It was a soothing cold. A cold almost chilling enough to stop her heart from pumping blood through her dehydrated and wasted veins.

The demon in the room turned to the figure on the floor. The scrap of cloth suddenly a crimson red as a thick liquid ran down to the floor in droplets. But it looked like paint. Dark red paint coloring the stone little by little.

His gaze went up to the woman, his chest feeling suddenly heavy.

"She's-" He stopped, his words stuck in his throat. This feeling of dryness and despair settled in his veins. His eyes were attentive as ever.

"What?" Y/N repeated, her voice lost, almost silent.

Drool began to roll delicately down her chin. A trembling of sorts had possessed her body. It was as if each heart beat was shaking her ever so slightly. But the sound of her clogged nose and raw throat said otherwise.

"She's dead" Wooyoung said carefully, as pity took over his features.

The pity felt misplaced. It was as if another emotion had taken over at the back of his mind. He extended his fingers towards the woman. A shy tremble accompanied their movement. He could suddenly hear his heart in his ears as more confusion settled in.

Y/N's shaky breath became audible as she lifted her head to the stone sky. It was as if she was looking for something up in the cracks and holes. As if a ray of that holy light would shine and finally rip her guts out.

Wooyoung knitted his eyebrows together. An almost immediate sense of curiosity took over his veins. Adrenaline was pumping in those dangerously small doses.

The drool suddenly began to turn into foam as Y/N slowly crackled. Choked cries came from her figure as Wooyoung's eyes went wide.

The marks on her body began to engrave deeper, earning an agonized scream from the young woman. Her eyes glossed over in memory as she seemed to remember everything at once. She was told this wasn't she? Was she warned? Or did she know her heart wouldn't react? Was she so dry to believe that all her cries for Abigail and Jennifer were just shock? Shock of a certain entity being scarier than earthly?

"Y/N!" Woyoung called out, his voice a loud boom inside her ears.

All sound went dead as the woman grew still. She seemed to be made of the same rock keeping them inside. A silence laced in tension suddenly weighed down on them.

Y/N felt a tear leave her eyes. A warmness along her skin. A sizzling sound so faint, it was almost nonexistent. A high pitched ringing took all the space inside her skull as the weighted ball grew in her head now. A warm liquid made its way down her neck as it seemed to also go down her nostrils, her mouth already full of foam.

Wooyoung was stunned still. His body couldn't move a single muscle, a feeling he had forgotten even exited among his various reflexes and reactions. His eyes focused on the path the tear took. Black marks, as if the skin was burned.

Y/N's finger suddenly twitched. Another one did.

Wooyoung scowled as his own marks surfaced back into his skin, his eyes going back to their soulless void.

He sat up on the bed, ready to do whatever he needed to do. His thought began to run through answers for such weird behavior. How does a human react like that? How does one suddenly suffer a state of shock like this one?

He breathed out, his first mission to- a pair of voidless eyes stared right at him as droplets of liquid fell onto skin, a slight burning sensation taking over the area. Y/N's breath was so close, but it was cold. Lifeless.

He suddenly blinked. The perfectly normal eyes were now a void of black and white. One a deep black, just like his own, and the other a discolored, reddened white.

Wooyoung stared right through them. A set of horror shrieks took over his skull. He felt as though his skin was being ripped from the inside out. He contorted in pain as Y/N stared. Her skin began to suddenly crack, a dry and flat texture seemingly spreading across her features.

Wooyoung felt his head hit the wall, making the constant sounds suddenly turn louder. They blended and grew as his entire head was filled with them. He forced his eyes downward, only for a sight of none to take over his eyes. Blood. He was not sure of who's anymore.

The sound suddenly lifted in pitch, forcing a scream out of Wooyoung's throat, He felt his entire nervous system entering into a set of specific shocks. He forced his eyes shut, the sound suddenly expanding even more.

Wooyoung suddenly sat up on the bed. A feeling of something that could be described as cold sweat took over his body. He seemed to have sweated all the water he didn't have in his body. He was panting heavily, his body feeling the air enter through his bloodstream. His vision was coming in and out of focus.

He turned his head, looking at Y/N's back. His body suddenly came back into focus, like a bubble bursting inside his system. A high pitched whine gave into his ears. He launched forwards, holding onto her. His hands dug into her skin as Y/N cried out.

He held onto her as his eyes began to turn into a dark abyss as Y/N cried in surprise.

"What the fuck was that?" He choked out, his fingers feeling a warmth coming out, probably drawing blood.

Y/N looked up confused and scared. Her entire body shivering in fright. Trails of tears had taken refuge in her features.

Wooyoung suddenly felt the air get knocked out his body as Y/N watched in horror. He let go, as everything spiralled back into nonsense.

——

Y/N sniffled slightly, Wooyoung staring into space.

"You just went to sleep" Y/N said softly, her voice thin and low.

Wooyoung's outburst caused a whole other type of fear to take over her limbs. She had seen his form, but the dark wings and the red pupils were a whole different thing. She felt as though she had taken Abigail's place.

Wooyoung seemed to growl as he closed his eyes. He breathed out as the image of a deranged Y/N came to mind.

"Jennifer passed away in an accident" Y/N mumbled. "Mother took me to have a small goodbye"

Y/N didn't dare look up, move or speak too loud. She did feel powerful before but she saw a piece of Wooyoung's wrath and she felt like a mouse under a lion's claws.

Wooyoung suddenly moved, coming closer to her. Y/N flinched instantly as he held onto her face. He stared right into her eyes. A small soul. A strong will. This was not what was staring at him before. Did she get possessed? Under his own possession? Impossible. That would make no sense, especially with only him coming in contact with her. He shook his head as he let go, her eyes immediately going to the ground.

Wooyoung breathed out as his body materialized away. Y/N's knees gave out. During his sleep, different things came out to attack her and get a hold of her. Each a different thing, reminiscent of her days under the convent. She sobbed as she hugged herself, a gesture of comfort that seemed so warm, so nice.

The marks on her skin started to fade away, no scar left as they closed off.