Chapter 12: boo's on the balcony

"Now I can return to my painting satisfied, send me there now you vacuum wielding rouges!" Madame Clairvoya said as she stared at the two of us with her pure white eyes. "However you, the girl...something is stirring within you, not only your love for Luigi but something ghostly..."

I stared at her in confusion and worry, however she let out a relieved sigh, "yet I thank you two greatly...return me to my painting."

Thorns latched onto the door, making sure we couldn't escape, Reluctantly, I flashed my light onto the fortune teller and began to do the usual thing. Without any struggle, Clairvoya was captured with ease and the lights turned on. "Well we know that Mario is with bowser, but that's all she said that was new..." Luigi said with a sigh.

"But hey, there's a chest here, meaning we can progress more, come on," I opened the chest and grabbed the key, Luigi immediately whipped out the GB quickly. "Were going up to the attic."

"O-Oh...an attic as well?" I said in fear. The man in green then turned to face me, a smirk appearing on his face. "Are you afraid of attic's? Basements are way more scary!"

"Heey...I hate attic's I would always find spiders in my families attic, and I hate them!" I resorted, crossing my arms. We both headed up the stairs, picking up ice just in case and we're faced with something too powerful. Carefully, I opened the door that sat at the top of the stairs. A room with deer head mounted on the walls, Jaguar rugs were on the floor and many boxes littered the ground. "This is horrible...!"

"How could anyone treat an animal that way? I won't stand for it!" (This is what he actually says if you scan the Jaguar rugs with the game boy) Luigi spat in anger, I gave a sympathetic look as I bet down and softly dragged my hand over the Jaguar rug, feeling the silky fur. "B-But this mansion is just an illusion, right? None of this is real," I said as I stud up and fixed fixed the poltergust on my back.

"Y-your right, but the money is real, so maybe these are real..." Luigi muttered as he hung his head low, still looking at the rugs.

"Don't worry, let's get them boos for causing this, but first we need to get the ghosts to trigger," I stated. Luigi nodded, determination visible on his face as he held the poltergust ready.

Suddenly, the deer heads eyes turned a crimson red, glowing in the pitch black darkness. A ghost with his heart drenched in water appeared. Quickly I used the ice to freeze the blue blaze and sucked it up. And of course two garbage can ghosts appeared with two blue blazes.

I took care of the garbage can ghosts whilst Luigi tackled the blue blazes. Once the lights came on after a lot of struggle, I lifted myself off the floor, blood coming out of my nose and many bruises, and cuts, covering my body. Luigi only had some bruises.

"Y/N!" He rushed to my side and helped me off the ground, "a-are you o-ok...?" He kept on asking, until I put a finger to his lips, signalling him to be quiet.

"I'm f-fine..." I said softly, "I promise, I have you to protect me...!" I dusted myself off, tried to walk and felt pain rush through my right leg, "great, I've sprained my ankle on one of those banana peels!"

"I'll help you, Y/N," Luigi muttered as he grabbed the key, and guided me towards the door. We then walked down the hall and unlocked the door, we stepped foot onto the balcony. The thing that immediately stuck out were the boos all holding hands and floating in a circle motion. "Oh no, no, no!"