Chapter 25

I laid my head on Mrs. Hilda’s table, not wanting to get up from that lazy ass position. It was a week since the launch party and things between the lion and me had been… well, somewhat somber. He barely spoke to me unless it was about work matters. Besides that, he’d practically ignore me. I didn’t want matters to become even worse, so when Aidan called me out for dinner that week I declined, saying that I had other matters because I did not want the lion to think that I am such a cheap person to go out with every guys that asks her out.

On Thursday the Lion had meeting elsewhere so he didn’t come to the office, which meant that I spent the time hogging Mrs. Hilda. I had no one to talk to – especially since Leah has not spoken to me since the last time that we talked about the Lion. I’m not sure if I was supposed to be mad at her or she mad at me. I told her bits and pieces of my story except for how I feel about the Lion. I needed to fix things with Leah, but I didn’t know how to.

                    “Just tell her the truth,” Mrs. Hilda had said.

                    “I’ve already told her the truth,” I said.

                    “You did not,” Mrs. Hilda said – we were in her new office. Mrs. Hilda had recently been promoted to Senior Publishing Clerk and that means she has her own, new office. This also means I can talk to her without the fear of snoopy noses eavesdropping our conversation, “You told her there was nothing going on between the Lion and you – when in fact there is.”

                    I looked at her as she raised one eyebrow at me, daring me to contradict her. I groaned and laid my head on her table, slumped forward unattractively. I can never let anything get past her.

                    “Isn’t that right?” she asked as I whined instead of answering, covering my face with my hands, “Maybe its high time you admit it to yourself and then the matter will be resolved.”

                    “I can’t,” I told her, “I just can’t. It’s not that easy.”

                    “From what I can see, it’s actually pretty simple,” she said as I sat up and frowned at her.

                    “That’s easy for you to say – you’re brave and unafraid of rejection,” I snapped, “unlike me!”

                    “If that’s the thing then you’d have to be waiting forever for that dense boy to even realize that you have feelings for him,” she said as I glared at her.         

                    “I’m not talking about him and ruining my mood,” I told her, “I want advice on how I can fix things with my sister!”

                    “Fine, if you won’t tell her the truth, then the least you can do is be less hostile,” she said as I looked at her, “Spend her dinner, and talk to her, resolve the issue.”

                    That sounds like a brilliant idea. I grinned widely and thanked Mrs. Hilda, rushing back to my office to call Leah. Although she was quite reluctant, she somehow agreed to go out for dinner with me. I’m not sure what I’m going to say to her, but I just want her to be clear that there’s nothing between the Lion and me so she doesn’t have to worry.

                    “You seem to be in a good mood today,” I turned to see Kayla beaming at me.

                    “I hope I will be this way the whole day,” I told her as we headed downstairs. I was on the way to meet Leah at the mall for dinner.