A Purple Sketchbook.

"So," Marco cleared his throat, pushing up his glasses again. "I didn't know that you were interested in animal care, yoi?"

You straightened up, switching your professional mode on. "I didn't know that you were a veteranarian either."

Marco let out a nervous laugh as he flipped through what you assumed to be a set of questions to be asked during the interview. "Yeah, I was actually studying while I was teaching you guys at the highschool, yoi. Teaching isn't really my forte."

I beg to differ.

You smiled politely while freaking out on the inside. You had no idea how long this was gonna take and you hoped that you would get through this as soon as possible.

Taking a deep breath, you were determined to keep your attitude in check. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear and crossing your legs to move closer to the table, you gave yourself a silent pep talk when Marco started the interview.

I seriously hope I don't faint during this.

During the interview, you got a text from Mia that said that Marco works in this animal hospital. You didn't know how she knew it but it seemed like she didn't bother asking her brotherly figure where he was working after he moved. Or he did tell her and she completely forgot about it because she was not paying attention.

A little too late for that next now, ain't it?

Thankfully, Marco kept it strictly professional during the interview and didn't bring any personal stuff up.

Marco smiled warmly at you as he closed the file. "Alright, yoi. That concludes the interview, and I must say you did pretty well and professional."

You didn't say anything but nodded a subtle yes while averting your gaze from Marco's lazy brown ones.

"You'll be notified if you get through this interview in two weeks time, yoi. We are taking in only 5 interns and only two would be given a position to work here as a professional veterinarian."

You nodded again.

An awkward silence fills the air when you don't say anything back to him.

Well this is just wonderful.

"I guess that concludes the interview. You did well, (F/n)." Marco holds his hand out for what seems to be a handshake.

You take his warm hand in yours and gave it a small squeeze. "Thank you Mr. Marco."

He let out a half huff, half chuckle like sound before letting go of your hand, delicately of course. "I thought you stopped calling me that."

You hummed with a fake smile.

"Maybe it's just me but," Marco narrowed his gaze on you ever so slightly. "You're much more quieter than before."

You shrugged before standing up. "People change, Mr. Marco."

A mature aura surrounded you as you held yourself with pride. Nothing like the school girl he knew two years ago. You had grown much more beautiful, much more elegant. Marco bit the inside of his cheek when you turned around to leave. He wanted to say something, he wanted you to stay and talk to him just a bit more.

But you were so different and cold.

"Goodbye, Mr. Marco." You said softly and didn't bother waiting for him to reply before closing the door behind you.

You had changed for the better, and he had no idea that he was the reason.

(---)

"Why did you tell me before that Marco was working in the same hospital I was gonna do my internship in?" You weren't pissed at the silver haired girl but you sure as hell deserved a heads-up.