Moment of truth

I stood still, holding my breath. Amelie and Emelia were staring at me as I froze, eyes locked with Fred's. The tears on my face began to burn my cheeks as I tried my hardest to control them. This was the first time in a long time that I had actually allowed myself to cry in front of people, especially people who I didn't know very well...

"Do you want to talk, Skylar?" Fred asked, looking incredibly awkward. I nodded. "Your room?" Again, I nodded, slowly moving towards the staircase leading up to my dorm.

I sat down on my bed in complete silence, watching him nervously as he sat beside me. I'd never fallen in love before, so why did it have to be him? "How much of that did you hear?" I whispered, heart racing.

"Enough," he said quietly. "So you're in love with me?" I nodded, looking up only to cause our eyes to meet. "That's... good, because I was going to end up telling you I loved you, too."

"You love me?" I asked, almost in disbelief. It had never occured to me that someone I had fallen for could feel this way about me, too. 

"Yes, I love you." He moved a little closer to me, taking my hands in his. "Since the very first time I laid my eyes on you, I've felt this strong connection to you. I haven't thought about a girl this way before."

I smiled a little, the tears finally stopping. "That felt so good to hear," I whispered. He just smiled and moved forwards, our lips touching. Butterflies began to swarm my stomach as he continued to move his lips against mine. This felt so right...