What were you thinking?

"You did what?!" Amelie shouted at me as I got back to the common room, explaining to her what had happened between me and Neville. "Skye, she's going to go mad if she finds out. You complete idiot!" She began to pace around the room as the twins walked in with Neville, who quickly ran upstairs when he saw me. "Has he told you two what Skye did to him?" she asked them.

"Yeah," George sighed. "He's cut up. He didn't want any trouble... He said that Emelia was too good for him, and that's why he broke up with her. He said that she was way out of his league, and he couldn't handle it."

"Then why the bloody hell is he with Luna?" I almost screeched. "Seriously, why am I the only one that's actually angry about that?"

"It was his decision," Fred said, coming over to hug me. I could feel myself  calming down in his arms. "He chose to leave her... so maybe Luna is a rebound girl. Who knows? But we all know he's made a stupid choice. We just have to accept that it's what he wanted to do..." He kissed my hair as he hugged me.

"Okay... Amelie can be the one to tell Emelia about this, because she's going to kill me," I mumbled with a half-laugh. I wrapped my arms tightly around Fred's waist, taking comfort in the fact that he was here with me, holding me, stopping me from doing something stupid. I let go a little, just to look at Amelie. I almost laughed when I saw her face. "Why do you look like you're choking on something?"

"You're calm?" she asked, staring at me in disbelief. I just shrugged, shifting to hold Fred's hands. "How the hell have you calmed down so quickly? You were ready to kill someone a minute ago, and now you're practically fine..."

"I have no idea," I said, confused now that she had pointed this out. "But I guess it was Fred. As soon as he hugged me, I felt alright... almost, normal?" I looked from Amelie to Fred, then back to Amelie again. "This is weird."

She just laughed at me and began to walk towards the dorm rooms. "Okay, well I'm going to talk to Emelia and tell her about what's happened today... as well as our recent discovery with Fred. I'll see you when you come to bed." She walked away, and George followed her up the stairs, presumerably to the boys dormitory.

Fred moved his hand up to my face and stroked my cheek gently. His crooked smile made my knees go weak as the butterflies swarmed around my stomach. I hated the affect that he had on me with simple gestures, such as this... but I loved the way he made me feel. Everything always seemed a little brighter, a little better, with him around. If this was what being in love felt like, I never wanted it to stop. I'd finally found my home, and that was with him...