Chapter 7

"I'll smack him right in the face when he opens the door!" I muttered to myself as I ascended the elevator, feeling a mix of frustration and nervous energy bubbling inside me.

Standing in front of the door that read 'The Mins,' a sudden wave of anxiety washed over me. Why was I nervous? It was just Yoongi. I took a deep breath to steady myself, then finally pressed the bell.

After what felt like an eternity, the door opened, and there he was—Min Yoongi. Relief flooded through me for a split second. He stood there in a green jacket and grey sweatpants, his hair tousled as if he had been lounging all day. His skin seemed to glow under the light, and despite his casual appearance, he looked perfectly fine. Not sick, not injured. Just... Yoongi. His eyes widened in surprise at my unexpected visit.

"Why were you absent for two days?! And why didn't you reply to me?!" I blurted out, my voice louder than I had intended.

Before he could answer, I heard a woman's voice from inside. "Who is it?"

Yoongi quickly turned his head and shouted back, "No one, just a salesgirl!" 

His mother, I assumed. He turned to me again, this time with an irritated look. "My mother's sick with a fever, so please just go away. I'm not in the mood to deal with your sh—" He tried to shut the door in my face, but I pushed it open, refusing to leave.

"Would it have killed you to answer my calls?! I was worried sick about you, Yoongi! Why are you so stubborn? I thought—"

Before I could finish, he stepped forward, coming so close I could feel the intensity radiating off him. His eyes bore into mine, filled with anger I hadn't seen before. It was terrifying, seeing him like this.

"I am not obliged to explain myself to you!" he snapped, his voice low but sharp. "It's none of your business what I do or why I do it. For God's sake, Y/N, stop bothering me! What have I ever done to you? I hate clingy girls like you!"

With that, he spun around and slammed the door shut in my face, the sound echoing in the hallway. I flinched at the impact, the harshness of his words leaving me stunned. My heart sank as tears welled up, threatening to spill. 

My lips trembled as I shouted at the closed door, "What do you think of yourself, Min Yoongi? Do you really believe I care about you that much? You don't know me at all!"

But the door didn't answer. Nothing did. The tears I had been holding back finally broke free, streaming down my face as I turned and walked away. Each step down the staircase felt heavier than the last, my heart aching with every beat. He was so cold, so unkind... so far from the Yoongi I thought I knew. Maybe I knew the wrong version of him.

"I don't deserve this," I whispered to myself as I left. But the pain in my chest disagreed, reminding me just how much his words had hurt.

* * * * *

I was muttering angrily to myself as I left Yoongi's apartment, still furious about how he'd shut me down. "I'll kick his balls the next time I see him," I whispered under my breath, wiping away the remnants of my tears.

But just as I was starting to calm down, I spotted someone familiar—Jimin. "What on earth is he doing here?" I paused, watching him from afar. Was he here to pick me up?

I was about to walk toward him when a sleek black car sped by and halted right in front of him. My heart raced, feeling that something wasn't right. A girl stepped out, effortlessly elegant, and without a second thought, Jimin stretched out his hand, and she took it with a bright smile.

Confused, I quickly ducked behind a nearby lamp post, hiding in the shadows. The street was dimly lit, perfect for staying out of sight, but my pulse was hammering in my ears.