Chapter 14

this chapter is going to shock you! Vote if it did and comment if it didn't.

_____________________________________________________________

"Kasumi was very loving in the beginning. We were officially dating until one day she exposed herself and demanded that I go to jail in her place. She's one of the most wanted criminals in Korea, known as K.S.," Jimin concluded, his voice heavy with the weight of his confession.

"You mean the one who killed Commissioner Lee?!" I stood up in shock, disbelief coursing through me.

"Yes..." he continued, his expression grim. "Nobody knows her true identity except her gang members and us. Hence, she cunningly tried to frame me as K.S. and take her place. She had been blackmailing me for a week."

"Why didn't you tell me or the police?" I asked, frustration bubbling up.

"I never thought she could be so dangerous. Besides, I didn't want to worry you all," he replied, regret etching deeper lines on his face.

"It might have saved us from this situation..." I said quietly, my heart sinking.

Jimin sighed, his tone laced with remorse. "I regret falling for Kasumi. I should have known her true identity. It's all my fault! Now I've even put you two in danger."

"Let bygones be bygones. We're just glad you're safe. And it was my responsibility to help you," I reassured him.

"But—"

"No 'but,' Hyung. You won't believe how much pain your sister has caused me since you disappeared. I would have ended up in a mental hospital if not for you," Yoongi added, trying to lighten the mood. I elbowed him playfully, and he shot me a glare while caressing the spot where I'd nudged him. "You should be thankful, you know?"

Jimin burst into laughter, and I joined in, while Yoongi remained his usual sour-faced self. For a brief moment, it felt like everything was back to normal.

"Now the question is, how do we get out of here?" Yoongi had to ruin my daydream.

"She'll leave you once I carry out her order," Jimin exhaled, his voice heavy with resignation.

My heart sank again. "Why did you say yes?"

"You know why..." he replied, and I looked down, feeling the weight of his words.

"But there's no guarantee she'll let us go even if you surrender. She could always kill us after you're jailed."

Both Jimin's and my expressions turned dark. Yoongi had a point.

"I'll ask her to let you go first," Jimin said, his determination showing through the cracks of his despair.

"No! I can't let you go to jail without any reason! Yoongi and I will come up with a plan. We will save you! That Kasumi will be the one to rot in prison!" I gritted my teeth, frustration flaring inside me.

Jimin placed his hand gently on my head, trying to soothe my anger. "Calm down, little sis. I believe in you. Now, let's sleep."

'Sleep' was a word I couldn't deny at that moment. Although the place was the most uncomfortable, being with Yoongi and my brother made my eyelids feel heavy. I hugged Jimin tightly before drifting into sleep, feeling a mixture of fear and comfort wash over me.

.............

A warm breath tickled my neck as I slowly opened my eyes. I found myself hugging Yoongi's arm, his head resting on my shoulder. He buried his face deeper into my neck, his pale complexion and slightly parted lips giving him an almost ethereal look. His breath felt warm against my skin, sending a strange flutter through my stomach. He looked so peaceful—and undeniably attractive—that I was momentarily paralyzed by his presence. Suddenly, the realization hit me.