Chapter 4

4 - 'Death'

Life. Least thing people will have again and will ever be. Things we couldn't sell nor bargain. No. It is not just a 'thing', it is more than just a thing.

"She was hit hard on the head and we found bruises over her body so we assume that the patient was violently battered. In this case, settle down it with police and immediate security is also needed to ensure the safety of the patient." Dr. Guildenstern, the heir of Guild Medical Hospital, stated my Manager's conditon.

Nakatayo ako sa labas ng E.R., waiting for the operation na matapos na. I never really thought this day would come, I mean, over the years I never saw her with bruises and I must say she have a normal family, no problems to fight.

Why is this happening to her? Why her?

"The patient is currently undergoing operations to ensure the mental health of the patient. Also, we found broken ribs and fractured bones on her left thigh. She can survive if she will fight with the team too. She lost too much blood and her head was badly hit. Just hope that the operation will succeed." He patiently told me everything, though I know he have other stations to attend.

After the call, I immediately drove here in GMH, I didn't even had a chance to say goodbye to my friends and I almost had an accident because I felt tremulous. My hands were trembling while my eyes can't settle down on the road. It was I miracle I came here safely.

"But Doc... you told me na aksidente? Why, I mean the bruises and all?" Naguguluhan kong tanong at tumingin sa kanya. Our eyes immediately met 'cause he was staring at me and I frown, kanina pa ba siya nakatingin sa akin o namumukhaan niya ako?

"Someone called for ambulance. It was a male voice, saying someone had an accident. He said the lady fell from the third floor of the building an-"

"Oh my god!" I gasped with disbelief, pain and worry for my Manager.

How? Why! Who would do such thing? My manager is not stupid and crazy enough to jumped that high, someone did it on purpose. But why? My Manager is efficient, strict but good enough to not deserve such cruel things.

"Luckily, the patient's phone was intact in her bag. Not that we were invading the patient's privacy but we badly needed someone for the patient assessment." The doctor gave me an apologetic smile so I nodded.

"It's okay, Doc. The situation was understandable." I calmly said and to my frustrate, I combed my wavy hair with my fingers and violently closed my eyes.

This is so out of hand! Who would do this and why? Walang kaaway si Tita, maliban sa mga bashers ko na sa comments lang nang-aaway but they wouldn't be that aggressive enough to do cruel and inhuman things.

That's just so shallow!

I opened my eyes and tears started to pool from it. Ayoko nito. Ayoko nang ganito. Magulo, masyadong magulo! All I want is to create music and be happy with my life but why? Bakit nangyayari 'to ngayon?

"Here." The doctor handed me Tita Say's phone and I accepted it, "I know who you are, Ms. Eriksson and don't worry, I'll help you cover the medias and so people won't hurdle over this issue."

I was about to complain 'cause it sounds like power tripping but I'm just so exhausted and tired so I just nod and showed him my gratitude.

He left so I have nothing to do but search for an info in Tita's phone, I hope I can find relatives. Walang lock kaya madali ko itong nabuksan. Nahirapan pa ako dahil android ang phone niya, unlike sa akin na iOS.