Chapter 6

6 - 'He's too young...'

"Wooy ano? Woja mo?"

"It's jowa, not woja. Gosh! Masi!"

"Pakialam ba mo?"

"Please... Stop you two."

They were arguing, again. Paulit-ulit na ang scenario kapag nagkikita kaming tatlo but it was kind of relieving since we were in some stressful situations.

Zoe eyed me, "Ano nga kasi? We're nalilito na! Give us clarification!"

Hindi nakalampas sa akin ang pasimpleng irap ni Masi kay Zoe. Gosh! They are so childish!

"Sinabi ko na sa inyo. He's not my jowa or boyfriend, he's just my newly proclaimed friend." I calmly said and sipped at my milk tea.

They won't stop intriguing me about my newly recruited friend, Silver. Hindi sila naniniwalang bagong kaibigan ko lang siya, or something close to that.

"Tagala?" Masi asked.

I smiled, "Talagang-talaga."

Akala ko ay doon na matatapos ang paksa but Zoe is so curious and persistent,

"Hindi eh. You said na Silver initiated the first name basis, so typically ilan sa mga ganyan is a flirtatious move... sollma!" Zoe stopped and covered her mouth with her hands.

I placed the milk tea at the table and stared at Zoe, seriously.

"What?" I anticipated.

Then Zoe looked at me, "Could it be that he was asking you to date or something...?"

Natigilan kami saglit at nang mag-sink in sa akin ang sinabi ni Zoe ay si Masi mismo ang unang nag-react,

"Pffft! Hahaha! Seryoso?"

Zoe blinked then looked at Masi.

"What's funny?"

"Ikaw hahaha ikaw! You are funny!" Masi's laughter boomed at the cafe and we were lucky that her family owned the cafe. They are rich!

Zoe looked back at me. Her eyes were pleading, asking that I should save her from humiliation.

"Nady! Masi is humiliating me! Do something!"

But I, myself couldn't contain it too.

My laughter burst and shared the same room with Masi's.

"Hahaha! It was hilarious!" I said and clutched my tummy.

I wiped the corner of my eyes because of too much laughter while Zoe was red-face and embarrassed because some were eyeing us.

"I hate you both." She said and that made us, Masi and I, stop then we look at each other and said,

"We know you didn't mean that."

And we ended up, laughing at each other.

A day passed until it was Tita Say's burial. It was hard to conceal it to the public but since Tanya chose a family burial, it was only me, my friends including Silver. Tita Say don't have any other relatives, afterall.

"Tita! Sabi mo... sabi mo, gagawin mo din akong artista! Sabi mo, ipapakilala mo ako kay Ate Nadia! 'Ta! Nagkakilala ho kami pero hindi sa sitwasyon na inaasahan ko! Sasabitan niyo pa ho ako ng medal sa stage, lilibutin pa natin ang buong mundo..."

Tanya tried to wipe her tears, while kneeling at the ground but her tears won't stop falling so it was useless. Sinubukan kong itayo siya ngunit hindi siya nakinig kaya wala akong nagawa kung hindi ang tumayo nalang sa kanyang tabi.