Little Things (MiChaeng)

A gift for our Strawberry Princess, Chaeyoung.

Originally published on AO3 last 23rd of April 2020.

--------

Mina realized that Chaeyoung may have memorized her whole being slowly in all those years they spent together. She's so certain of that that is why she let her fully enter her whole life, her whole heart.

It started with the simple holding of hands whenever Mina is afraid, she is sure of that. Every time that she tells Chaeyoung that she's afraid of anything, for example: the dark, the girl will immediately hold her hand and calm her down until she can feel the warmth from her hand. However, it does not just stop there. Chaeyoung holds her hand when they're crossing the road, roaming at the mall, driving around the city, walking on the streets, doing some shopping, before going to bed, and almost all the happenings in their everyday life. She holds her hand when she's excited, when she's nervous, when she's hopeless, when she's lost, when she's confused, when she thinks Mina's anxious or happy or having any emotion. Then it became pat in her head, especially when she's proud of Mina even in just simple things like fixing the broken appliance or when she does the laundry at home, then it eventually became a hug just because Chaeyoung likes wrapping her arms around the girl, she loves to give hugs to Mina that the latter loves as much simply because it's Chaeyoung, her cub, the love of her life.

Chaeyoung exactly knows how she wants her Americano, how she wants her eggs in the morning full of ketchup, how she likes being surrounded by penguin plushies when sleeping, how she likes listening to lo-fi music when tensed, how she likes action thriller movies more than romantic ones, how she doesn't like plum blossoms and natto, how she doesn't like getting mad, how she doesn't like talking to people when they are angry, how she doesn't like eating silkworm pupae. She knows that she has moles on her face that is like a kind of unique constellation, that she likes shopping, that she loves to dance, that she likes playing games and watching movies on her laptop when it's a rest day, that she's a homebody, that she cries when she's stressed, that her gummy smile forms whenever she's giggly, and any other things that she learned from the girl all through the years.

Chaeyoung also knows Mina's deepest secrets and fears and regrets and dreams and the plans she has in the future (including the one with her). She knows that she's afraid of the dark, of the rides at the amusement park, of bugs and creatures creeping, of shouting to other people she's not close to, of too many people, of being left behind, of leaving someone. She knows that she regretted not fulfilling all her dreams and not doing the things she likes. She dreamt of having a rest house in Hawaii, of becoming a professional dancer, of being a good wife. She keeps every little thing that Mina tells her even if it is already mentioned three or four times already, she just found out that that certain thing is important to the girl like how she loves her dog so much or how she likes to try cooking and learning it for future purposes. She knows every little bit of it because she makes sure that the girl is comfortable in sharing stories with her and that she can talk to her all the time, she can always be a listener for her. She doesn't let Mina deal with any problem on her own and always reminds her that she's just there whenever things get hard and she wants someone she can lean on.

And she also appreciates Mina's silence in every delicate moment they have. It is also the girl's response in some way whenever they are tired or it's just that they can't seem to talk about something sensitive yet. She respects Mina, of course, she waits for the girl to be comfortable enough for her to share some stories, especially the personal ones and maybe Mina's never met someone like Chaeyoung in her whole life that even her silence has been understood and will always be understood and respected. She has so many reasons why she loves and accepts the girl so much in her life, and that's only one. She always thinks that she's lucky to have her and the other also thinks the same way.