Chapter 13

Harry

I swiftly tucked the knife into the waistband of my pants as I walked towards the exit of the underground maze. I could faintly hear Freya screaming at me to stop and put the knife away. She wanted to reason with me, but I just didn't have the patience anymore. I hated doing this, but if it was the only thing I could do, then I will do it. I'll do it for my sweet Freya. I know she'll love me then. If she doesn't have her "precious" Calum anymore, then she'll come running to me for comfort... But then again, wasn't I the one who killed Calum? Now that I think of it, my plan doesn't sound as good as I hoped it would. But no matter, it's too late to back down now.

I slipped my hand into my jacket pocket, pulling out my phone. It was buzzing with messages from Calum, he was going mad. But so would I if my girlfriend was trapped with the worlds most known serial killer. Though he should know better than to try and provoke me. I smiled wickedly at how I could make him squirm anxiously. Now was my time to make him regret everything he's done to me. Now it was time for me to take my revenge.

I pushed open the hard cement door, giving out a low grunt as my muscles worked to push the heavy door back into place. I turned around, huffing as I slid my nimble fingers through my wavy hair, shagging the curls back from my face. I started to walk towards the light seeping into the tunnel. It was late fall, so every time I exhaled, alabaster-like clouds formed in the air in front of me.

Once I was outside in the open, my eyes searched the vacant park. I sighed, reaching into my pocket for my phone, I called Calum.

"Where is Freya." Calum growled from the other line.

"Well, hello to you too. Someone's a bit grouchy." I chuckled.

"Stop with your crap, Harry." He snapped.

"Fine, I just wanted to make a deal with yo-"

"Denied."

"Fuck you, let me speak." I cursed at him, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Shuffling was able to be heard from the other line, along with some whispers.

"What do you want?" Calum asked, his voice was filled with uncertainty.

"Come meet me, face to face. I want to bargain with you. Your precious Freya will be there too." I replied to him as I settled on a bench overlooking the grey-blue ocean.

Calum stayed silent.

"What is the address." He finally asked.

I smirked, "I'll text you the address." And with that, I hung up the phone.

To: Calum || 5:04pm
666 Maple Road Railway.
Meet me there at 12:30am. Don't be late.

From: Calum || 5:08pm
Fine, fine.
How did I know it was going to be the devils number?

To: Calum || 5:13pm
Cheeky Calum. Now stop texting me.
You're wasting daylight, my friend.

From: Calum || 5:16pm
We are not friends. Remember, bring Freya or there is no deal.

I smiled, "Of course. I want Freya to watch the light dim in your eyes as I take your life... Naïve Calum." I chuckled as I walked back into the tunnel. Leaving the bench to watch the ocean for another 5 decades before I came back again to sit on it.

Calum

It was 12:27am, I could see the railway which led into the dark tunnel just ahead of where I was going. I just realized, I haven't seen Harry since we were kids, what did he look like now? Then guilt washed over me... I stole his crush. Is that why he hates me? Is that why he wants to bargain with me? I have no idea. But I could sense the bad vibes getting stronger every step I took which led me closer to meeting him. The palms of my hands were sweating heaps. Can I do this? Of course I could. I need to get Freya back, and without thinking, I had walked into the darkness.

"Don't get any closer, Calum." A deep voice rumbled off the curved walls of the tunnel. I froze in mid-step. The sound of Harry was frightening. But I chose not to show my fear.

Suddenly, a petite body stumbled into the soft light. Her hair was matted and she had a rag tied around her mouth. She made distressed humming sounds as she tried to run towards me, but stopped and lurched forward before tumbling to the ground. I had the urge to run towards her but I was afraid too.

Rough hands were seen, clutched around Freya's arms, which were tied up. Harry held her down before walking forward, leaving Freya down on her side, squirming to get up. Her eyes widened in pleas for help.

"What do you want, Harry." I asked.

Harry held out his index finger, instructing me to come forward, which I did, cautiously. Freya started to hum loudly.

"Shut up!" Harry roared at Freya, the girl flinched. She quieted down, letting out small whimpers, but stayed quiet.

Harry then leaned close to my side, his lips by my ear. I listened intently.

"I want you to stay out of Freya and I's life. We can be happy." He whispered. I didn't have enough time to react until I felt a splurge of pain erupt in my stomach. Freya screamed behind the rag constraining her vocals.

Black spots started to appear on my vision, I looked at Harry, who had a menacing grin on his lips, then down to my stomach where Harry had shoved a knife into my skin. Scarlet blood started to spread over my white shirt, my face paled as I looked back up. Harry then wrenched the knife deeper into my abdomen. My lower body went numb as I toppled to the floor next to Freya. Tears were streaming down her face as she watched me, all I could do was look at her, blood was gurgling in my mouth. I started to choke on my own blood, but before I completely blacked out, I reached out, brushing my thumb across her cheek to catch a tear. "I love you." I tried to say, only spitting out more blood before I felt my consciences slip from underneath me.