two

Shahveer saw her flittering behind his Mama and Qiraat Bhabhi, helping them set the plates and fill up the glasses. There was an awkwardness at the dining table and the reason was Ibtihaaj- his second wife.

He felt like a bastard remembering what happened last night. He was not in his senses and that lead him to take advantage of his innocent wife.

After his blunder of calling her by his Dia's name he had abruptly disentangled his body from hers, as if her touch burned him.

Never had he ever thought that he would lay with another.

Shahveer always felt that he had cheated upon his wife just by being in the same room as Ibtihaaj and here he was putting their marital bed to good use.

He then had remembered that it would have been her first time. Did she feel as good as he did? Was she comfortable? Had he hurt her?

Well he may not have hurt her physically but his abrupt emotional disconnected and his withdrawal from her self had left her cold.
The kind of cold that chilled your soul and no amount of heat would ever be enough to soothe it.

They had not exchanged a single word after that. Shahveer had left her bed and their room abruptly and hadn't returned. The entire night.

Ibtihaaj felt extremely unloved, lonely but most importantly she felt used.

Did he just come to her because he thought she was his first wife? His Dia?

Sleep eluded her almost all of last night and she woke up with a firm diligence. She would try to be a good daughter in law, even if her husband wasn't ready for her to be his wife.

Shahveer looked at her dupatta covered head. His wife was extremely beautiful. The kind that had heads turning. The kind that lulls your heart into a security just for a simple fact that she belongs to you.

But alas, his heart beats for another. Another much fiercer and bolder beauty. The contrast between the two girls was like day and night.

Sadia was a daring seductress and Ibtihaaj is a mousy temptress.

Sadia knew what she wanted from the world and Ibtihaaj had always been taken for granted by the world.

Sadia took life's opportunities by their throats and Ibtihaaj had always been handed  the shorter end of the rope.

Sadia was a dark angel and Ibtihaaj is a hoor from Jannah.

Shahveer sighed looking at her departing figure. It was clear as day that she still hadn't made a place in their hearts. They weren't particularly hostile but she wasn't welcomed with open arms either.

Shahveer still remembers how Sadia had gelled with each member of his family on the first day itself. She had even managed to impress his Rayyan Abbu who was a tough nut to crack with her opinions on the current World Trade scenario.

Her unique take on how Social Infrastructure will promote Entrepreneurial Activity floored his Baba and Qaan chachu.

Ibtihaaj on the other hand was a substitute art teacher who teaches the kindergarten class at Usaamah's school. It was there that his Qiraat Bhabhi had seen her for the first time and her interaction with the kids only  increased his Bhabhi's interest in the timid girl.

Sadia was a tall girl with model like features. Her black shoulder length hair and matching onyx eyes only added to the fierceness of her  self-assured personality. Each step she took was well thought and oozed with confidence.

Shahveer had immediately felt attracted to her the minute she took his hand in a firm handshake. His father always says that a good handshake is the sign of a sound business character. It was true.