three

" Expected weak global growth with escalated trade tensions adding to the risk and the pace of recovery of growth will have implications on revenue collections..."

Veer, she's pregnant

his Mama's voice rang in his ears shutting out all the words that the Head of Finance Department was ranting off a paper.

"... In order to boost the sluggish demands and consumer sentiments, counter cyclical fiscal policies may have to be adopted to create additional fiscal headroom..."

Pregnant.

Ibtihaaj.

Shahveer finally registered what his Mama had tried telling him when he was rushing out of the house this morning.

His wife was pregnant. 

From that one night three months ago.

Pregnant.

How could he let that happen? Now he had actually cheated on Dia by trying to create a life that they wanted. That she wanted.

Shahveer mused on the last three months. On how his life changed but still remains unchanged.

On the little girl who now holds the title that he once felt was indispensable.

On his new wife.

On his newly pregnant wife who he hasn't spoken two words to.

He had shifted to a spare bedroom and let her have his bigger one. He hardly ever went home lest he has an encounter with her.

Shahveer knew that he was acting irrationally and that Ibtihaaj wasn't at any fault but he still couldn't bring himself to even look at her after what they did.

What he did to her.

Their family had softened up with her with the exception of his Hania Bhabhi. She still kept Ibtihaaj at a one hand distance and treated her cautiously.

Shahveer has noticed the small things about her and the little things that she tries to do for him.

She helps his Mama with anything and everything. She has taken over the kid's education and even the kids are enamored with her.

His Baba has begun spending time with his youngest daughter in law and he taught her things that every father teaches his children. His Bade Abbu and Qaan chachu also have started depending on her for little things.

His brothers have finally accepted her as their sister and they now protect and love her just as much if not more than they do to Hania or Qiraat.

Him on the other hand has not had any interaction with her and not for lack of favourable conditions. He didn't let any opportunity arise for them to be in a room together or to speak with each other.

Shahveer didn't hate her but he also didn't like her presence in place of his wife. His Sadia. His Dia.

It should have been her. It should have been his Dia playing carrom with his brothers or going shopping with his Bhabhis or discussing world politics with his fathers or trying out new recipes with his mothers.

It should have been his Dia but instead it is Ibtihaaj.

It is Ibtihaaj who is doing everything that was meant for his Dia and it is Ibtihaaj who is now pregnant.

It should have been his Dia but instead it is Ibtihaaj.

Rage like no other engulfed his being and he swiped everything off of his glass table, scaring the poor man who was just finishing off his report, unaware of his boss's temperament.