The x First x Meeting

I pushed open the door. The daylight welcomes me. Wind dances around me making magic. I smile at this small taste of freedom.

The wind pulls me down the sidewalk as if holding my hand. I laugh happily until I see a tall man walking down the sidewalk just ahead of me. His cheek had face paint and his clothes were clean and white.

I reach for him only to barely grasp his sleeve.

Domino city, he has to come. He wouldn't be able to keep himself away now. Not with his little promise. Such predictability. My sweat little ringo-chan.

I felt the pull on my sleeve, I almost decide to ignore it but in spite of myself I turn to see a young girl, around Gons age. Huge brown eyes full of wonder and curiosity stare up into my own.

"Can you do magic, mister clown?"

I felt my eye twitch slightly as I knelt down to be face to face with this fearless child. "Only magicians do magic tricks."

Her face slid ever so slightly into sadness before I continue "but you're in luck princess" Her eyes had only pure unadulterated curiosity, so intoxicating "because I so happen to be a magician."

Her eyes grew somehow larger than before. I twisted inside as I pulled the cards from my pocket.

Every trick, made her face grow brighter, and each time I asked something of the sweet princess she blushed happily. As the climax of my small show began, a loud shrill came from the door of a department store across the street.

"Caitlyn!"

The small child jumped slightly as the woman stood there staring at me. Behind her a man opened to door "Go back inside woman, you are too loud."

The large man stood and stared between us. "Come here Caitlyn. Now." The small child only backed away from him towards me.

"Mr Magician, you said you do tricks, can you do real magic?" I whisper almost soft enough that I can't hear it. The loud man begins to stalk over to us and grabs my wrist.

"I said now, brat" I flinch as he pulled me to his side and began walking back to the store me beside him. Halfway to the store he back hands my cheek making me fly into the brick wall. "Get up, we have work to do."

I shook as I tried to stand but managed to get up. I follow him to the door as he watches me closely.

"Caitlyn, trying to get kidnapped will not do anyone any good." The mother says from the doorway.

As father passes her I quickly turn knowing I can outrun this over weight woman who filled the doorframe.

I ran as hard as I can back to the Magician who looks at me blankly. I huff as I blurt out as loud as I can "Mr Magician, can you make me dissappear?"

His face grew into a large smile, but as I waited for an answer someone grabbed my shoulders roughly from behind. I hunker down waiting for the heavy fist that haunted my days but it never came.

I look up to the Magician who says "Look only at me, princess" I can feel my cheeks blush as he speaks those strange words. I see a card in his hand in my peripheral vision.

"You can do magic" I whisper as I stare up at him. A moment later people on the street began screaming behind me. I thought for a moment that I should look but 'Look only at me' rang through my head.

I stare into his half closed eyes wondering what trick will come next. "And for my next trick, a vanishing princess." He looks down at me with a large grin. I can't help but smile brightly up at him, it's been so long since anything let me hope.