CHAPTER 1

"I promise not to leave you..."

-23rd October 2026

"Ahh!" Jungkook screamed as he jumped up from his hospital bed. His heavy breaths calmed down as he looked at his surroundings. His friends were all around him with eyes locked on him.

"Oh! Thank god! You're not dead!" Taehyung exclaimed with his arms in the air in excitement. He stood up immediately from the chair he was previously sitting on and walked over to the confused younger.

"Tae, don't scare him like that! He just woke up from his coma, you don't have to make him faint!" Seokjin said. Taehyung looked up at the older and looked back to Jungkook's sleepy, dumbfounded eyes.

Jungkook didn't remember anything. He didn't remember much about these people but only knew their names and recognize their faces but he seemed to not remember anything else.

Jungkook examined the two people in the room's attire. The dude named Taehyung was quite well-built. He was wearing some ripped jeans, a white T-Shirt that was torn on its edges. He was wearing a biker jacket, typically worn by either gang members or Death Metal Rock Stars. He was wearing some sneakers, specifically a pair of dark red VANS.

The other one who he figured out to be Seokjin was wearing some military vest, embroidered with badges and his belt was adorned by multiple weapons and mini-tools. He was wearing some heavy-duty boots, typically for soldiers and he seemed to be wearing some sort of eye patch. One defining feature was the scar on the bridge of his nose that cut deep into the flesh. He also examined the ring on Seokjin's left hand that was placed on his ring finger. Is he engaged?

Jungkook did a subtle jump when he felt the slender arms of Tae wrapped around his shoulders. Taehyung giggled quietly at his reaction. "Hey, don't look so nervous! We're still your friends! We're not strangers or anything," Taehyung reassured him.

"Taehyung, wait. Maybe he doesn't remember a damn thing. Let's just let him have his own space. Meanwhile, I'll see if that brat's here," Seokjin chimed in. "Aww c'mon, Namjoon is not some brat. I thought you two were on good terms," Taehyung replied. "Look, you don't know much abou-" The former was cut off when he heard the door knock.

Taehyung let go of Jungkook and walked over to open the door for the visitor. The one behind the door was none other than Namjoon. He walked in, by-passing Taehyung who closed the door immediately.

"I'm sorry I was late, I didn't get your call," Namjoon said regretfully. Seokjin scoffed, "Huh, what were you doing meanwhile? Doing something stupid I suppose." Namjoon looked away with a slight frown on his face.

"H-hey! Guys, let's not fight now. Our friend here is awake and I think we should give him some attention," Taehyung said, going between them to stop the fight. Namjoon looked at Jungkook who was watching the whole thing unfold with his big doe eyes.

Jungkook seemed to zone out, trying his best to remember anything at the slightest. Taehyung waved his hand close to Jungkook's face, trying to get his attention. He looked at the older's face after zoning back in. "Oh, don't tell me you don't recognize me!" Taehyung said, crossing his arms and pouting. Jungkook giggled slightly and smiled, showing his bunny teeth with pride. "That's the Jungkook I know!" The older said.

Seokjin sat himself beside the now hospitalized younger and sat his glass of water down on to the table next to him. "Jungkook, do you remember us?" The concerned older asked. Jungkook nodded his head 'yes' as a response. "I know your names. Well, I think I do." Jungkook said. "You're Taehyung, you're Seokjin and you're Namjoon," He said as he pointed at the corresponding people.