CHAPTER 2

-14th November 2026

Jungkook woke up from his bed. Or at least, Taehyung's bed. He looked around the room with his sleepy eyes. He found out he was still in his black pairs of jeans, white t-shirt and leather jacket. Hell, he didn't even take off his leather boots! He was knocked out cold last night and didn't remember much.

Taehyung knocked on the door, "Jungkook, are you awake?" His hoarse voice said. Jungkook dropped his head back into his pillow and mumbled out, "You can come in." Taehyung walked in with a bowl of instant noodles. He placed it on the bedside table with a glass of water. The brunette sat himself down beside Jungkook who watched his every move. "I told your teacher that you won't come to lessons for a while. I hope you're okay with that," the older said as he pats Jungkook's side.

The younger sat up immediately in shock, "W-what lessons?" He asked. "You know... School? Education?" Taehyung said. Jungkook scoffed, "Ehh... Since when do I like going to school? I don't mind staying home." Taehyung giggled a little bit at his words. The younger went back to close his eyes and knock himself out when he jumped from a sudden realization, "Hyung! You dyed your hair!" Jungkook shouted. Yes, Taehyung did! His hair which was previously dark ombre was now a light, neon blue. Perfect for a red bandana to slip between his forehead and hairline. "It. Looks. So. Good. On. You!" Jungkook stated excitedly, stopping for a few seconds every word. "E-eh... I-it's nothing~ I dye it a lot, well... not as much as Yoongi-hyung does. You know what he does? He dyes his hair to suit his fashion sense, not the other way round!" the blue head said.

"Wait, I still have no idea who this Yoongi guy is. Can we meet him?" Jungkook pleaded. "I thought you were tired?" Taehyung said. Jungkook got off his bed and shouted, "No! I'm not!" The older sighed, "Fine, go get ready. We'll have breakfast at his place then," he ordered. "Aye! Aye! Captain!", Jungkook said as he did a salute like his Hyung was the president.

Jungkook ran to the bathroom and stripped himself so he could step into a nice, warm shower. He noticed something in the mirror. I-I'm... SOFT!? Like, no muscles! What the-- have I gone lazy? Jungkook thought, I always thought I was muscular! What the heck!? I guess I put on weight? Do I go on snacks too much? Do I not have the energy to work out? Taehyung did say I have classes. Ugh, education is stupid... he complained in his mind.

Jungkook stepped under the showerhead and let the warm water drip down his body. He felt the water trickle down his fingertips and he thought it looked cool. The young boy gasped before whispering out, "I'm a water bender!" He went back to focus on the task at hand.

After the nice shower, he went to grab some clothes. He decided to pick something fitting for this winter season, he picked out a dark blue woolen sweater, some leather jeans, a pair of black winter boots and a scarf. Just as he closed the closet where he took the clothes from, he saw a distinctive amulet. He grabbed it and tried opening it and with a press of a button he found a small framed picture of him and Taehyung when they were kids. The date said, '16.09.12'. He suddenly felt a rush of memories coming back.

"T-thank you, hyung. From now on, we'll stay by each other's sides!"

"Of course! I promise you..."

"Promise?"

"Promise..."

"Jungkook?"
"Huh? Oh..." Jungkook's thoughts were interrupted by Taehyung calling him out from downstairs. The younger took the amulet with him and kept it in his pocket. He walked out of the room with confusion in his head. Whose voice was that? Taehyung looked at Jungkook up and down, low-key kinda checking him out. "Hey, since when was your fashion sense like that? That crash did knock your head, huh?" the blue-head jokingly said. The younger snickered, "Well, at least my fashion sense improved, right? Or is it worse now?" He asked warily, "The second one!" the older replied, "No, I'm just kidding! You do look great, no bullshit," he complimented. The former was flustered at the compliment. They headed out to start up Taehyung's car so they could leave.