CHAPTER 3

-14th November 2026

"This is Unit #34, there are some calls that some neighbours have heard some gunshots fire down the road in Daeri-Ro. Please go there and patrol around for anyone suspicious as well as investigate the house the sound came from. Over."

Seokjin hurrily stood up from his chair and got dressed after hearing said report. He searched the house for a certain someone before leaving. "Namjoon! Get the fuck up!", he scolded the sleeping other. He grumbled in protest but got up anyway, "What? Why? What happened?", he groggily said. "Report. Possible homicide or suicide. C'mon, let's go," Seokjin said, nudging his elbow to wake him up.

After a bit of minor setbacks, the two finally arrived at said location. The sight they saw was a shock. There laid their fellow friend on the floor. Blood was everywhere and a part of a metal bullet was found near him, too. Even though they weren't so close to Hoseok, they were saddened by what they saw. They called other authorities to take care of the body and cleaning up the place.

Then the detectives arrived on case. The investigation will be put aside for another investigation about the money heist case that occurred a few months prior. Seokjin demanded for the police chief to take care of this case since it was possible they would be handling a serial killer on the loose but they didn't want to hear it. "I'm sorry, Sir. Seokjin, the money heist is up-most important at the moment, the murder will be handled after a few months unless another murder happens around the area or of the same case," the detective informed. Seokjin was irritated and decided to piece it together himself. He knew he couldn't really question actually suspects legally so he had to just "interview" them.

After a few hours of the report, the elder returned home sneaking along some evidence. Only minor things like fingerprint samples and maybe some more household items. Since he didn't know much of Hoseok's life, he didn't notice the obvious signs of Yoongi being the culprit so he was totally lost looking at his pin board. He had been documenting and researching for hours but still had nothing to bring on the table. Hoseok was really good at keeping things at a low level profile.

Namjoon knocked on the older's door before entering. What the other saw was something straight out of a crime detective series. Newspapers clips, photos, evidence, documents and files all over. It was of similar scene to what happened to his brother a while back. God, how Namjoon regretted doing that. "H-hyung?" The younger spoke out. The older just gave him a quick glance before writing something down, "Uhh... Food's ready. Are you not coming down to eat? The food will get c-" "I'm busy." Seokjin cut him off. "O... kay..." Namjoon said before leaving and closing the door behind him.

-16th November 2026

By now, the murder was forgotten. Won over by the attention caused by another money heist incident. Seokjin was still not getting anything apart from a few suspects. Heesung, his cousin who had a lawsuit history with him, Yoongi who was a probably partner and his father who was arrested once for drug trafficking after Hoseok reported him. Now, this was hard to crack since his father was still in prison and couldn't possibly have done it, Heesung was out of country and Yoongi's high of a status on the military chain was too high for Seokjin to say anything believable.

He was still on search just in case another murder happened elsewhere. But today, he will be busy. Not only is he on patrol duty but because he had to bring Jungkook to high school which was usually Taehyung's job but he was also busy with paying rent for both of them by working at Subway. Afterwards, he'll have to bring Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon for dinner because he 'promised' them to.

It was seven a.m. and he had to give Jungkook a ride to school in his van. Ahh, shoot did I feed Kenji? She's probably starving... Seokjin thought. Jungkook was silent throughout the ride so the elder decided to liven up, "Hey, what's wrong? You're super silent," Seokjin asked, "It's just that something feels off. Agh, I don't know. It doesn't feel familiar to me."
"