high school.

They laugh and chatter among themselves. I saw the divide between the people, ranking themselves according to social class & outer beauty.

The rich were the most popular. They always threw the largest parties, wore the best clothes and trampled upon others. They would degrade you quicker than you can blink. And let's talk about the "most beautiful" people. Also very popular, mostly caked in make-up. Their attitude is as rotten as moulded bread. Their personality is stale. People tend to tiptoe around the rich and popular, making them feel so powerful.

The poor and "ugly"? Well, sucks to be them, I guess. They carry the brunt of all the pain in high school. They receive the teasing, the taunting, the pain of being below everybody else. They are being moulded into bitter people with sweet hearts.

High school doesn't teach you everything. It teaches nothing about life and how to deal with it. Mathematical equations won't teach you how to deal with a difficult situation at home or how to discover yourself. High school is the hell you endure as a teenager. Who wants hell? Who chooses hell willingly?

Teachers are the gamechangers in high school. They can either motivate you or drain you. Teach you or disregard you. Love you or not care about you. It all affects the way you work. Isn't it amazing how clearly you can see the favouritism that they have towards a certain learner? How they can shun you for trying (because it wasn't good enough)?

People cannot wait to leave high school. I couldn't wait either, but what do I do now? I don't have direction in my life. High school never showed me THE WAY.