Chapter 12

I didn't know my way back to the apartment, and the fact that I was in a boot didn't help either. It was freezing outside and all I had on was a dress and a thin cardigan. I was hobbling down the street when I heard, "Colette?!"
Liam. I crouched down behind a bush as he ran down the driveway.
"Colette, come on! I can explain!" He cried.
What was there to explain? That he was a lying jerk?!
"You're gonna freeze! Please Colette!" He yelled.
He got to the end of the driveway and looked around. I held my breath hoping he wouldn't notice me. He turned to the left and started running as he called my name. I quickly limped into the woods and leaned against a tree, catching my breath. I sat on a log and started bawling. Why did I think Liam Payne liked me? He was just a celebrity trying to protect his career. Why was I so stupid to think we actually had something? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Liam call, "Colette?!"
Oh god. I laid against the log, trying to blend in. His voice was getting closer. Suddenly, my phone started to ring. The screen lit up displaying incoming call from: Ken
"Colette, I can hear your phone! Stop hiding!" Liam shouted.
I finally turned my phone on silent and turned back to see a bright flashlight in my face. It was Liam. I bolted up and started running as fast as I could with a boot. I turned back and saw him running after me. Then, I tripped over a huge branch. I felt my head hit a hard surface. Everything went black.

*Liam's POV*
She collapsed, her head smashing into a rock.
"Colette!" I gasped. I picked her head up and saw where she hit it. There was blood trickling out of the wound, staining her blonde hair a deep red. What have I done?! I picked her phone up from the ground and called Kennedy. After 3 rings, she picked up.
"Hey, so how's it going," she said mischievously.
"Kennedy, it's Liam. Colette tripped and fell in the woods. She's passed out and she hit her head on a rock," I explained.
"Liam! Why was she in the woods?!" Kennedy yelled through the phone.
"I'll tell you later! Please just meet me at the cabin. Harry can stay with Gabi," I commanded.
"Gabi's parents drove up to the hospital and Louis and Niall are back too. Me and Harry are on our way," she said.
"Okay, bye," I said as I hung up the phone.
I unbuttoned my dress shirt and took off my white tee shirt that I was wearing underneath. I sat Colette up and tied the shirt around her head to stop her wound from bleeding. I gently lifted her and draped her over my shoulder. I carried her back and in about 8 minutes I got to the cabin. I laid her on the couch and sat next to her, stroking her hair. God Liam, I thought. You've only known the girl for a little while and she's already been hurt twice. Way to show her you actually love her. I could never forgive myself and I knew she wouldn't either. I kissed her cheek and leaned back against the couch. I knew I had probably ruined any chance I had with her.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked this chapter! Please follow, comment, and vote!
Thanks(:
-Colette