chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: tour de londres

mike's words echoed in el's mind even a few minutes after he walked away. she was shocked she managed to pull herself together after that, feeling extremely hot and bothered.

but when she did sort herself out, she quickly and frantically got ready for her first day out in the capital.

el couldn't be more excited. she'd always wanted to go to london, ever since she was little and she couldn't wait to explore all the different parts of the city and better yet, she got to experience it all with a gorgeous stranger.

eleanor was ready in record time and came bounding down the stairs in full winter gear, she was not about to freeze, she had too much to do. she packed her handbag with her camera, her purse and other essentials.

as she picked up her bag, she glanced over at mike who was sat on the sofa in his big winter coat. it looked like he was scribbling something on a piece of paper, but before el could ponder about it, mike got up and shoved it in his pocket.

he made his way over to her and told her the travel plans before the two young adults left the house. leisurely, they began the stroll into town where they would get a taxi to the train station.

"so, tell me mike. what's so special about england?" eleanor blurted out the question as they walked through the town close to the cottage el was staying in.

"what do you mean?" he asked, taking large steps, holding the door open to the café they were heading in to.

"well, there must be a reason you stayed, right? i'm curious." eleanor beamed up at him, before ordering a takeaway cappuccino to have for the taxi ride to the train station.

"there's a few actually." mike stated, ordering his own drink and paying for the both of them.

"here, i'll give you the money for-" eleanor began but mike cut her off.

"don't worry about it." the ebony haired man smiled.

"are you sure?" eleanor ensured, she always felt guilty about letting people pay for her.

"of course, besides your stuck with me all day, least i can do is buy you a coffee."

"and don't forget that i let you stay, despite the fact i barely knew who you were." eleanor teased, pushing his chest slightly with her hand.

"true, i could have been a murderer or a robber for all you knew." mike laughed, his raven curls bouncing as he did so.

"mmm, no. i don't get serial killer vibes from you, maybe a pickpocket at least." eleanor joked, leaning over the counter to grab her drink and thank the barista.

"pickpocket? how boring! do i not get something interesting?" mike put his hand over his heart in fake offence.

"you're offended because i don't think you look like a murderer?" eleanor giggled slightly at his silliness. "because if so, you need to sort out your priorities."

"okay firstly, i'm not offended. i'm just slightly confused that i, mike wheeler do not conform to a slightly cooler category of criminal such as a car thief or a robber. and secondly, harry potter reference? if so, well played."