Chapter 1

"Oh come on Deku~ It will be a blast! Please just come!" Kaminari called out through the phone. 

The quality of the call was terrible and there would be buzzes of random noise all over the place. 

I glared out my bedroom window ignoring that Denki was talking to me over the phone.

As I lifted the bedsheets to escape from my monster of a bed, I stepped in a pile of dirty laundry. I tried to step away from it then ended up stepping on a pile of stacked plates.

'Geez... this place sure is a mess' i thought to myself as i finally escaped my hell hole room.

"Deku? You there? Whatever dude, we're meeting at the skatepark at 11am if you still wanna come bud."

I had completely forgotten I was on the phone with Denki and I ended up hanging up abruptly.

I hadn't left my house in a while, it would probably be a good idea to go out for once.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw my mother cooking breakfast. It looked like eggs and toast.

The morning sunlight gleamed through the windows, and the slight breeze made the curtains sway along with the wind.

The sunrise was mixed with marigold oranges, blues and enchanting violets. A slight smile rose my cheeks as I stared out the window further.

"Hun, you should go out with some friends today. I heard you on the phone with that boy, you should go with them!" 

My mother turned to me while wearing her kitchen gloves with a bright smile spread across her face.

Even when I was having a terrible day, my mother always made it better. She had always been supportive of me even through the hardest of times.

I was so lucky to have such a positive ray of sunshine in my life.

I nodded to her, agreeing to go out with Kami and some friends, even if I didn't want to.

"Go get dressed, breakfast will be ready by then." Inko told me sternly.

"Yeah okay.." I replied drowsily, rubbing my eyes as I began making my way upstairs, toward my bedroom.

Once I had finally reached my bedroom I opened my closet and started picking out clothes.

I picked out light denim shorts with a long sleeve sweater with pink white and blue stripes.

Deku's outfit below

I glanced to over to the mirror across my room to see what I had looked like

I thought I looked pretty cute but I knew not every one thought that. In fact, my mother didn't really like the way I dressed, because people tend to say it was 'feminine', but she never really talked about it.

The broken mirror had altered the way I looked slightly but it was too old and held too many memories to replace.

It broke when me, Bakugou, Denki and Kirishima were playing UNO and Bakugou had lost. He raged a lot after loosing and ended up throwing a glass bottle in to the mirror.

After finishing getting ready, which essentially was brushing my curly hair and putting on lip gloss. I finally went back downstairs to eat breakfast.

The aroma of fresh fried eggs and fruit went all through-out the kitchen. I inhaled deeply before grabbing a plate and taking a serving of the meal my mother had made.

We both sat down at the vintage dining table. It was wood with a mahogany wood stain on it to make it seem more 'modern'. Which it failed to do but at least my mom was trying.

We both silently ate our meals and the air between us rested still. I carefully chewed each piece of food, admiring my mothers cooking. Even if it was a simple meal, it still tasted delicious. 

"This is really great mom... thank you." I looked at my mother and smiled.

"Aw~ Hun you are so sweet." She tried reaching over the table to grab my cheek but I backed up before she could.

We both chuckled.

"So, you are going somewhere with Denki right?" Inko shifted her body weight back againt the chair, relaxing since she had finished her food.

"Yeah, we're meeting at the skatepark later, and i'm pretty sure some others might be coming." I replied to her.

"Aw is my little honey bun gonna get a girlfriend!" My mother winked and chuckled.

My face went red and I scratched the nape of my neck.

"Izuku i'm only joking, you're still only 16 you have lots of time to get a girlfriend." My mother didn't want me to feel awkward so she tried reassuring me by saying that. She laughed at my awkwardness.

"I'm gonna get my stuff and start heading to the skatepark." I declared while standing up from my seat and grabbing my stuff.

I grabbed my phone and took out my skateboard from my closet.

It looked fairly new, considering I was absolutely horrific at skateboarding, I barley used it.

"Bye Izuku! Be safe, and call me if you need anything!" My mother called out as I was walking out the door. I waved goodbye and hopped on my skateboard. I began going towards the skatepark.

888 words