𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | FADE INTO YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER THEIR CHAT AT THE BORDER, KLARA HADN'T REALLY SEEN STEFAN SINCE. Caroline, in solidarity to her best friend, uninvited the Salvatore to Thanksgiving Dinner that she had boldly titled Friendsgiving. She appreciated Caroline for having her back, but she also didn't want to cause a rift in their friendship because of Stefan.

"Would you quit pacing?" Caroline snapped as she turned her head over to Klara, who continued to pace up and down the hall while Caroline and Elena laid the table. "You're creating a draft. And, it's annoying."

"Easy for you to say, you're not the reason that Stefan got uninvited to this thing." Klara retorted with narrowed eyes to the girls.

"If it helps, you can help me solve my problem." Elena offered a sympathetic smile toward the blonde vampire who raised an eyebrow toward her. "Okay. So, I've invited Liam to Friendsgiving. You know, ridiculously hot but I-don't-know-what-to-do-now-Damon's-back Liam."

A small hum left Klara's lips as she nodded. "I think I recall him sending me a strongly-worded text about Liam, yeah." 

"Okay. Well, I healed a woman at the corn maze and Liam keeps digging into the fact that her recovery was practically miraculous. Now, I'm gonna have to come clean about what I am."

Caroline rolled her eyes as she turned to Elena. "Okay. You know all of this can go away with one fell mind wipe."

"So lie, and lie again, and again, and again—"

"Look, Elena if you want to tell Liam but you really are then Caroline and I will support you, of course, we will. But are you sure about Liam? Or are you just doing this because Damon's turned up and now you're on shaky ground?" Klara furrowed toward her friend. "If you're doing it because of Damon, I wouldn't suggest doing it at all."

Jo wandered in the room and caused the three girls to all turn around and smile at her entrance. She appeared to be holding the meat for the dinner. "Hi. Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend."

"See. This is all because Stefan wasn't invited." Klara yelled out immediately once she heard Jo reveal that Damon and Alaric wouldn't be attending, either.

"Relax." Elena turned to her friend with a nod as she pulled her phone from her pocket. "I'll call them."

"You're being dramatic," Caroline whispered into Klara's ear as she passed her by, whilst setting up the dinner table.

"Me? Dramatic." The Adam's vampire scoffed. 

"Yes, you."

"I'm not dramatic. I'm just feeling rather conflicted at the moment, Caroline. It's not a crime."