19• buying things

VIOLET:
it was Monday, Matthew and i didn't talk to each other after he left me home the day before. i was at my math class reading a book i brought in my bag when i heard someone whispering my name. i turned around and there was Zachary.
"hey, Zach! what's up?" i said, smiling.
"well, i am not supposed to tell you this but... Matthew loves you, Vi." he replied, sitting next to me.
"i know and i love him too..." i whispered.
we were so lucky that the teacher was too busy talking about his tragic divorce with his ex wife to the bored students that couldn't hear us talking.
"he told me about a surprise he's gonna do on friday." i said.
"really? oh my god, i promise you'll love it! he hasn't told us what it is but believe me: he knows how to surprise girls!" he said, before standing up and going to his table. come on, now i'm way more anxious!

MATTHEW:
it was wensday, i had two days to finish Violet's surprise. i had already bought the rings, i just needed something more, so it could be way more romantic. i called Gabriel, Zachary and Monica to help me shopping, because Luke thought that was too cliche.
"what you're about to do is amazing! i wish i had this courage to talk to Lila... well, maybe in prom." Gabriel said.
"i can help you with that if you need." Zachary offered.
"thanks, buddy! i'll see." Gabriel replied.
"anyways, Monica: what's the best thing Zach gives you?" i asked.
"well, i like his kisses, his hugs and specially the perfumes he uses. it's cool to feel that smell whenever i use his shirts." she answered.
"i love you, babygirl!" Zachary said, putting his arm on her shoulder.
"i love you too, my redhead boy." she said, kissing him.
"well, i gave her my blue shirt when she slept in my apartment... should i spray my favorite perfume in it and give it to her?" i asked.
"that'd be amazing! and also, buy her chocolate. she'll love if your surprise includes chocolate!" Monica answered.
"okay, so i had an idea: Monica and Zach, you two are gonna get some chocolate, those chocolates in a pink heart box, i bet she's gonna love that. Gabe, you'll buy a cute bunny bag, i know it's weird, but her bed is full of bunny plushies. i'll get cards and buy my favorite perfume. we meet at the fountain." i said, giving the three of them some money.
"bunny bag? really?" Gabriel asked, holding his laugh.
"she likes that shit, come on!" i replied, getting a little mad.
"okay..." he mumbled, while the three of them walked away.
i went to a fragrance store and looked for my favorite perfume. it was something like lavender, but it wasn't soft. it was a hard and strong smell, but for some reason it reminded me of her. i don't know why, Violet is so soft and sweet... suddenly, my phone rang. it was Gabriel.
"Matthew, i got the bag, but there's still some money. do you want anything else?" he asked.
"well, i'm still trying to find the perfume, so... buy her some flowers. violets, to be more specific." i answered.
"okay, i will." he said, before turning off the phone.
after some time, i found the perfume and payed for it. i love this one, i hope she likes it too... anyways, i still needed to buy the card, so i went to a stationary store and saw some cute love cards. they were all decorated with pink ribbons and glitter hearts. i got a big one, with purple details and a big space to write. i also bought some ribbons and a big box to put everything in it, then i went to the fountain.
"okay, we got the chocolate!" Monica said
"and i got the bag and the flowers." Gabriel completed.
"great! do you guys wanna eat Mc Donalds before we go home?" i asked.
"sure!" they said.
we got some food and then i drove them to their houses. when i got to my apartment my father was passed out in the sofa, which scared me.
"is he ok?" i asked.
"he is. just got stressed and drank some beer. let's just hope he doesn't get violent whenever he wakes up." my mom answered.
i'm tired of this man. that was all i could think while i walked to my bedroom. well, friday is the big day, i just hope she likes it.