13• couple

VIOLET:
"i'm not gonna force you to stay home because you're seventeen years old, but i still don't agree on you going out with a bunch of boys!" my mom complained, while i brushed my hair.
"first of all, we're gonna eat pizza. secondly, they're my friends! and thirdly: Gabriel is already in love with a girl, Luke is a bisexual who only hooks up in parties with strangers and Zachary has a girlfriend." i replied, looking at her.
"what about Matthew?" she asked, with a mean smile.
"Matthew? umm, you already know him! he's also a friend..." i answered, mumbling.
"if you say so..." she replied, laughing.
our conversation was interrupted when someone knocked the door.
"it's him. i gotta go, bye mom." i said, kissing her cheek.
i went downstairs and opened the door. there was Matthew, staring at me. suddenly, he blushed a little.
"what happened? is it bad?" i asked, looking at my purple dress.
"no! it's wonderful." he answered.
"thank you..." i replied.
"anyways, there's the car. the boys are in the back, i'm driving. thought you'd like to go on
the front with me." he said.
"of course!" i replied.
we entered the car and there were them.
"hey, Vi!" they said.
"hey, guys! sorry for taking so much time to get dressed." i apologized.
"it's okay, girl!" Gabriel said.
Matthew started driving and then we arrived at the pizza store.
"this place smells amazing! probably the pizza here is flawless!" i said.
"i've been here once, it really tastes good." Luke said.
we sat on a table in the back and a waitress came to ask us what we were going to order.
"the three of us want pepperoni pizza and bottles of butter beer." Gabriel said, pointing to Luke and Zachary.
"okay, and what does this cute couple want?" the waitress asked, looking at me and Matthew.
i took a quick sip of water and hoped not to choke when i heard the word "couple" coming out her mouth.
"umm... we're not... i mean, not a couple." Matthew mumbled.
i looked at the other boys and they were holding themselves not to laugh at us.
"oh, sorry for that! anyways, what do you want?" she asked.
"cheese pizza?" i asked, looking at Matthew.
"sure!" he answered.
"ok then. anything to drink?" she asked.
"i want a butter beer just like them." Matthew answered.
"and i want a cherry coke." i completed.
the waitress turned around and went to the other room.
"cute couple!" the boys shouted, laughing.
"stop it!" i complained.
"come on, Vi! is it an offense to you to be mistaken for my girlfriend?" Matthew asked, laughing.
"that was not what i meant! Matt!" i answered, punching his shoulder carefully.
i ended up laughing just like them, but i couldn't stop thinking about the fact that me and Matthew really gave the impression of us being a couple. i mean, he's cute, but we're friends.
"the pizza is here!" Gabriel said, interrupting my thoughts.
i got a piece of the cheese pizza and started drinking my cherry coke. then i realized Matthew was staring at me.
"what's wrong?" i asked.
"nothing! it's just... you're pretty." he answered.
when he said those words, i didn't have a reaction, i just drank a little bit more of cherry coke and stared at him.
"thank you. you're handsome too." i replied.
we just stopped that embarrassing moment and went back to eat our pizzas. Matthew was talking to the other boys while i just looked through the window next to me. we payed for the food and then got out of the restaurant.
"it's still too early. do you guys wanna do something else?" Luke asked.
"sorry, i promised my girlfriend i'd be at her house by 8pm so we can watch a movie." Zachary replied.
"it's cool, bro! i'll take you home." Matthew said.
after we left Zachary at home, the four of us just kept staring at each other.
"so, any other place y'all wanna go?" Gabriel asked.
"i know a really cool nightclub that throws the best parties at saturdays." Luke answered.
"i'm not a big fan of parties..." Matthew mumbled.
"come on, Matt! it'd be so amazing!" i insisted.
he looked at me and then at Luke and Gabriel, who gave him a little smile.
"okay, there we go! show me the address." he said.