23• he hates me

MATTHEW:
"ouch!" i screamed.
"oh, little boy..." my mom mumbled.
"don't worry, it's just gonna hurt a little." the nurse said, injecting a painkiller in my veins. she is lying, that hurts a lot!
"urgh!" i shouted.
"give me you hand, darling." my mom said.
i held her hand while the nurse finished injecting that shit inside of me. i didn't want to admit, but even though it hurt, the effects were good and i wasn't in pain anymore. i was thinking about what that girl told me. girlfriend? but i don't date since sophomore year!
"mom." i called.
"what?" she asked.
"was that girl really my girlfriend?" i asked.
"yes she is!" she answered, staring at me.
"then why can't i remember her? i don't know who she is!" i shouted.
"don't worry about that now, okay? you've been brain damaged after the car crash, you need to rest, we'll find answers to all your questions later." she said, kissing my forehead.
fuck, i don't want to rest! i want answers! suddenly, her phone started ringing. i saw the screen and it was my father.
"hey, love... yes, he's at the hospital... a car crash... it wasn't his fault! a driver came in the wrong direction and hit him... yes, the car is broken, but why does it matter? he's... i can't believe that the only thing worrying you right now is the fact that the car broke! your son almost lost his life! look, i know the car was expensive, but... okay, i'll see what i can do about that before you come back. goodnight." she said.
i knew my dad would only be upset because of the car, i wasn't even expecting him to care.
"he hates me." i said, looking down.
"i'm sorry, little boy!" my mom replied.
"why are you still married to him?" i asked.
"i need his money. and i still hope he'll change." she answered, giving me a hug.
i couldn't imagine my father changing at that point, but my mother still had faith in that, so i wasn't gonna say anything.
"okay, you're out of death risk and your heartbeat is back to normal. you just need to be here for some weeks until your memory comes back and you're in condition to use crutches for your leg. and also, the painkillers will keep you painless." the doctor said, entering the room.
"thank you." my mother said.
"no need to thank me, Mrs Scoot. your son is one of the strongest patients i've ever had." he replied, smiling.
i looked at him and smiled. for some reason, i couldn't take that girl out of my head! Violet, her name is Violet! at least now i could remember her name. i was thinking about that girl, but then the nurse injected a sleeping medicine in my veins, which made me feel dizzy. what's happening? that was all i could think before i fell asleep.