Chapter 5: Feeling her pain

I looked at her the last time and walked away into my hospital bed. I fished out another memory sweet from my pocket.

I opened the wrapper and put it in my mouth. the tangy taste started dissolving in my mouth.

"Min, bye. Bye forever. I hope we never cross paths again. In any dimension. I failed to protect you and I don't deserve your love. Bye. Saranghae..."

I vision started blurring and sharp pains followed. A tear dropped from my eye.

"She must've felt so much pain after eating that sweet. She never said a word. She hugged me so tight, I should've understood."

The pain worsened and I started getting dizzy.

I closed my eyes and thought of all the precious moments we had together.
-------------------

Flashback:

"Yah oppa! you're hugging me too tight. I might choke!"

"I don't care. This is your punishment for not letting me copy your homework..."

...

We were looking at the bright stars in the night sky.

"They say, that you'll become a star when you die. Kyungsoo yah, what if I died?"

"What! stop talking nonsense! That will never happen."

"What if?"

" Yah! Min ah! Stop saying silly things like that. It won't happen."

"Yah, why are you tearing?"

"I can't imagine that world. That world without you Min. Please don't go."

" Yah. Look. I was just joking okay. And even if I die, I will become the brightest star in the sky. Of that day ever comes, when I am not near you anymore, just talk to the stars, and I'll always hear you."

"Jinja?"

"Ne. Jinjayo."

...

"Since I was born, I was always afraid of the dark. I would feel like the whole world ended."

At camp, the power went out.

"Kyungsoo yah! I'm scared... Where did you go? please come back.."

I embraced her and calmed her down.

"Shhhh... Look! It's not dark. look around you."

She slowly opened her eyes and was surprised to see the fireflies flying around her.

" Wae? Did you do this?"

"Ne. For you."

" Well, I'm not scared anymore cuz you're here."

...

End if flashback.
-----------------

My vision was almost fully blur.

I managed to whisper a string of words before my vision blacked out completely.

"Saranghae Min"

Hi guys! Short chapter. But hope you enjoyed! I will be updating soon so this is only a preview or "trailer" of what is going to happen next. so stay tuned and vote. target-75 votes!!! fighting!!!!
As usual, thanks to my new followers and readers and voters. I would like to give a shoutout to my bestie infinitelove_123 cuz she's awesome! check her stories out and follow her!

Kay thanks!
-Vee