Chapter 3: Everyone knows everyone's name

𝓔𝓻𝓲𝓼

[unedited]

Right on timing, the door clicked and slammed open indicated somebody's coming. The door seemed to be a bit far from our locked jail. A few murmurs could be heard and heavy footsteps thud the floor.

"They're early," whispered Lily in confusion.

"I don't think they're here for the food," said Tequila, who sat on the floor as her hands wrapped around her legs as she swayed back and forth.

"Oh, shit," Kat cursed silently.

I stared at them, as they were copying the same reactions. Smile on their face had gone. Their eyes stared at the sounds of the footsteps. Shoulders tensed. No one said a word. Ashley held Lily's hand tightly like she might cut the circulation but Lily didn't seem to care at all. Maybe both of them were trying to find comfort with each other. Just like the huddled girls before. Which couldn't be seen anywhere. And I didn't like how little-unknown I was with the situation or why the girls acted this way when a few seconds away they were calm and serene with the situation.

Eventually the footsteps sounded nearer and I could make a few words from the men on how impressive last night was. Two men stopped in front of our safe haven before struck the iron bars. I kept my body to be comfort with the coldness of the wall.

"Having fun chit-chatting, ladies?" said one of them then both of them laughed at the humorless joke. 

I stared at them, wondering what were they doing here. They just bumped each other as they kept doing jokes which only they understand. I turned my head to look at Ashley who her head bowed down and eyes shut tightly. Her hand that held on Lily, tightened and shook violently.

"How's your day, ladies?" they asked.

"We're fine, thanks," said Lily but her eyes were everywhere.

"That's good to know," the blonde one said, "well, we are here for only one specific person. And who's that gonna be?"

I kept staring at them as he took his time stared at the other corner at Tequila before moving his eyes on each of us which finally stopped at me where his smile widened. My breath hitched. My eyes quivered. I could feel my heart beating on my head.

"It's Eris, right?" the blonde said.

The bald man laughed, "It's time to get your label done,"

***

"Where are you taking me?" I asked for too many times and yet, they hadn't answered me at all.

We were out of the jail room which consists more than one cell that looked exactly identical like us. They held both my arms and dragged me out without any words afterwards. They kept looking forward and walked through many hallways and up the too many stairs. Everywhere looked the same. Grey cold walls. Narrow hallways. 

We finally arrived in front of the ironed door. The blonde guy knocked on the door loudly. A guy who was wearing a dark shirt which clung to his body that sculpted his muscles proved that he had more advantage to me if I decided to fight him so, I just kept quiet and confused.