Chapter 4 : Your Smile Makes Me Smile

𝓔𝓻𝓲𝓼

After an awkward silence Mrs. Wagner gave me, she called out a name and a girl with a mahogany brown-skinned who wore a typical black maid costume and white lacey apron on. She bowed at Mrs. Wagner when she arrived in front of us. Mrs. Wagner told her to send me to Mother. I looked at her confusedly before I felt a hand on my back that pushed lightly me towards this girl.

"My name's Lizzy," she introduced herself when we were on our way to Mother who was unknown.

"I'm Eris,"

"Yeah, I heard about you," she walked faster that made her lower bun to bob, "chaos and shit like that,"

I nodded at her as my paces were having a difficult time to follow her, "So, who is this Mallory Wagner? Does she works like us?"

She glanced at me, turning her head backwards as her eyes - which I just realized - were a combination of two colors, where the right eye was blue and the other was dark green or something, "You don't ask question about her. But no, Mrs. Wagner doesn't work here. She lives here,"

"Mrs. Wagner? Did everyone calls her that?"

"Obviously. In here, we only call somebody's name when you are on the same level,"

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

She abruptly stopped and turned to face me with a smile on her face, "You are a slut, get it?"

I stared at her as I tried hard to breath. The reality of living here in this place against my consent where they took me from my family just because of my father's debt was something I couldn't accept even after Lizzy slapped the fact on my face. Furthermore, the way she just called me disgraceful names shocked me.

"Don't be too hard to yourself," she said as she started to walk again, "start accepting the reality and you'll survive,"

Am I ever gonna survive in here?

***

I stared silently at the reflection in the mirror as it stared back which the concealer had conceal the dark eye bags I carried for days now and also the blemish on my face vanished with the help of the makeup. My unattractive brown colored eyes sparked under the sparkling makeup as the red lipstick made my lips more plump. Mother had insisted to put on a few dabs of blush to radiant under my pale skin. I let my long dark hair hung behind my back that reached my waist and let them straight. I couldn't believe my eyes where a few hours ago, I was a disaster with my ripped and dirty nightgown and now, I was different, and yet, I wasn't glowing at all with all of these makeup on my face after what happened to me. The burn on my spine still tender and painful when Mother changed the bandages when I tried to lean back on the chair. I winced in pain and moved away to avoid the pain.

"You gotta stop thinking about what's gonna happen,"

I turned to watch as a girl who introduced herself as Lisa when I arrived in this room before. She  swayed her hips towards me. Her clothes were revealing showed amount of cleavage and red did good to her. Her tight long legs shone under the lights. Finally she stopped in front of me. Her eyes weren't on me. She was staring at herself in the mirror where her hands smothered her body before she pushed her chests upwards. A cigarette was burning on her right arm before she fixed her overlined lipstick.