Preface 2

(Third Person Point of View) Bambi 4 years old

Bambi
4 years old

They say the worse thing you can lose is a parent. Bambi never really understood how to deal with the heartbreak and the emotions she felt. Looking at the casket with her daddy inside, he really looks like he's asleep. He looked so peaceful. She did know that he always told her that one day he'd go to Heaven and he'd be waiting for her and when he would go he'd be watching her.

A year passed and a shock happen Lolita had met a guy. They ended up getting pregnant and having a girl, Serena. Bambi didn't know what to do at first, but she liked the idea of being a big sister. They grew close as time went on.

That leads us to where the story will start.

One thing did change was, no one treated her the same. Her aunt, who was a second mom to her, ignored her completely. Sh literally just acted like she wasn't there. No one asked how she was, no one asked about what seen. Her aunts and uncles made it seem like it was a hardship on them to have her around. Then one Christmas she was at her cousins and she overheard something she wasn't suppose

Christmas Day
"Lolita is just pushing her off on me. It's like she don't even want to raise her kids anymore. She didn't even wait a year and had already fucked another man, even gotten knocked up by him. And I'm not here to raise those kids," her aunt voice carried.
"Henry is dead. She's no longer our niece, shouldn't be pawned off on us to raise," one of her uncle said. Henry was her dad. Why does him being dead change them being family? The loved her before or did they?
"If Lolita don't start raising them I say one of us gets them. They draw damn good money from Henry, one of us could get it," another one of my uncle's said.
"Fuck I say we do it. It's not like Lolita need the money. She's got all of her family's money. I say we do it," her aunt said again.
"We could always send them off and keep the money," her uncle laughs. Bambi ran away crying, not completely understanding why they said those things. When her mama picked her up she never said a word. She learned a lesson in that moment, Family isn't always who you think they are. Her broken heart tore more. After that she refused to return to any of her aunts and uncles, unless her mother made her.
Finally at the age of seventeen she graduated high school, Bambi Raine Storm left and went out to make her own life.

Only to return five years later,  but not by choice..