Ch 2- the beginnings of a bond

Awakening from the dark abyss that held him Rin gazed around the room. He awoke on a plush pale object that had a thin sheet thrown over the top, it was far more comfortable than any stone or floor he had slept on, so he decided to stay on the object.

In his comfortable position, he got a chance to view the room in which he was stationed. Purple, he was quickly able to recognize the colors painted on to the walls as purple. But they were different versions of purple, not the bright and soft purples he had been accustomed to, they were much darker in tone and held a more sinister feeling.

He could feel a steady rock that gave him the comfort of knowing he was still located over water, though where was the real question. There were no windows in the room and the only source of light was a single candle that was mounted safely on the wall, whatever place this was it was much better, cleaner, and better built than the other room he had been placed in.

Then it all came back; he was in the captain's quarters. He needed to leave and now! This ship, this place, it was a bad place, nothing good would come from staying. Rin scouted the room for any and all exists quickly he caught sight of a dark polished door. The door seemed to have a shiny coating, it almost looked like slime but it sat unmoving and unaffected by the rhythmic movement of the boat.

Soon that same door opened to reveal a different man, this one had piercing golden eyes and grassy green hair that was rather unkempt and ragged but still free of any tangles. His clothes consisted of various shades of mismatched colors, such as yellow, purple, and black. There were small spikes around his outfit that gave him a more threatening look.

Rin bared his fangs at the intruder and began to snarl in warning, he was in no way scary but his growling was all he had.

The man simply looked at the creature in awe, "Well that's rather rude, especially since we just saved you,"

"The ocean is my home and I was doing fine with my mom," RIn whimpered in response, as the topic was still rather fragile in his mind.

"Do you know where you are?' The man asked.

"On the bad ship," Rin snarled back in confusion.

"No you are the Stella Rosea, lead by Mephisto, he and his crew have been rescuing and setting Mers and Sirens free from hunters for decades now. Mephisto sent me to bring you to him, he wants to talk with you," The man replied simply walking closer to Rin.

"H-how can I believe you," Rin whimpered trying to scoot away from the man.

"I am a siren too, if you want when we get out of the ship I will show you my scales," The man replied, arriving next to Rin and looking down at the siren.

"W-well sh-shouldn't you introduce yourself so I know what to call you," Rin stuttered trying to find a way to delay contact between him and the man.

"I am Amaimon,"

"Ok, and I am Rin," Rin replied softly.

Amaimon simply nodded as he scooped Rin up in his arms, making the small siren chirp in protest. The covers were removed from Rin and he could now see his tail fin, it was wrapped in a white cloth of some sorts, yet he could still feel the metal brace lodged in his fin, though it held little pain, just a mild discomfort as he was unused to the device.

Amaimon carried Rin out of the room, not caring to close the door as he walked through. Rin quickly viewed his surroundings so he could memorize the path back to the room in which he was stationed. Walking at a brisk pace Amaimon was quick to find Mephisto who was gassing out at the sea as his secondhand man wielded the steering wheel.