end

Rin stood nervously in front of the mirror adjusting his tie for the third time in a row. How stressful could one human ball be? It was his first time attending any party of sorts on land, let alone with human Royalty.

"Your highness are you alright?" Belail asked, walking over to Rin.

"No, I think I may have to change, this stupid tie won't behave," Rin growled, continuing to wrestle with the fabric.

"I hope I am not speaking out of term your highness but, you shouldn't be wearing a tie with your ensemble,"

"Oh... that makes sense. Thank you, Belial" Rin sighed, removing the silky fabric from his neck.

"Of course, now for your crown," Belail hummed walking over to the encased jewelry.

"Can I just not wear it, it is going to fall off!" Rin whined sneering as he looked at the metal ring.

"Trust me my lord this won't fall off. It is enchanted to stay on until you take it off,"

"Well, that still doesn't make it comfortable!" Rin huffed.

"All the other royalty will be with their crows my lord, it is only proper that you wear yours,"

"I know it's improper but I don't care,"

"Rin behave," Mephisto purred walking into the room, "besides we made some adjustments to your crown so it's more comfortable out of the water,"

"But still it's so heavy out of water, and it feels weird!" Rin's face grew pouty as he glared at Mephisto.

"Rin I have to wear my crown just like you do. Trust me once we get to the fun parts of the evening you will forget all about it," Mephisto stood next to his mate and gazed lovingly at the mirror.

Rin truly looked like the perfect king, kind but strong.

"Well your highness, I do believe it is approaching time for the banquet to begin," Belail added brandishing Rin's crown.

It was mainly built of silvery metal with black and gold trim, with a few varieties of blue gems scattered around the base of the crown. A beautiful crown by all means of the words, but Rin knowing his carelessness along with the weighted feeling of the crown despised wearing it.

Mephisto took the crown from his butler and placed it upon his mate's fluffy hair. Oddly enough it was not over heavy this time around.

"See as I said, not overly heavy. Now are you ready to greet our guests?" Mephisto wrapped his arms around the slim waist Rin had grown.

"Of course dear," RIn purred, leaning into Mephisto.

The royal couple walked side by side, they even sat together at the banquet and stayed by each other through the entire discussion over the peace between all of Mer, Siren, and Humankind. It was in everyone's best interest to keep their alliance.

Then came time for the dancing.

As the king of all Siren kind, it was only proper for Rin to show his interest in keeping the alliances, so he would dance with one of the human kings and the Mer king. The only problem was, Rin was not a good dancer, he was quite the fish of water when it came to walking long distances, especially in such comfortable shoes.

But dancing was a new language that he had no roots or base for.

Mephisto had tried to teach him, but dancing took muscle memory and no quick simple lessons would ever get him caught up.

Yukio was this year's lucky Human, Rin was more than relieved to hear it. The brother he never knew he had was a smart and brave human, well half-human. But nonetheless, Rin knew Yukio would be forgiving. As for the Mer king, well he had decided it would be a good act to have his son represent the kingdom in a dance. The meek Mer looked no older than 19 and was shy beyond all belief. Kind but meek, thankfully Rin wasn't going to be the most clueless on dancing with the Mer.