Fluff chapter

Rin awoke to a soft chatter and the familiar feeling of being rocked by the waves... The fresh air was carried around the room as birds chirped happily, bathing in the sunlight.

"Thank you, Lucifer for allowing us to take shelter in your ship,"

"Of course, the faster we can get the hunter's diminished the sooner we can settle down with our chosen mates,"

Rin whined softly as he tried to push himself out of the bed, only to be tucked back down into the bed.

"Rin you need to rest, you overworked yourself," Mephisto murmured softly keeping Rin on the bed.

"No," Rin huffed trying to get up. "I am not sleepy,"

"I don't care, just rest, you need it,"

"But I am not going to go back to sleep,"

"You don't have to. Just stay in bed," Mephisto cooed.

"But I don't want to,"

"Too bad,"

"Meanie," Rin growled, cracking open his eyes.

"Now that is just mean Rin, especially after I saved you," Mephisto soothed.

"About that, who did you fight?" Rin tried to sit up once again, but to no avail, as he yelped and sunk back into the bed.

Why did he hurt so much? He had attacked ships before so what difference is there now?

"Rin don't worry about that, just rest. You still need to recover. You pushed yourself far too hard, and if you want to be well enough to be part of the attack on the hunters then you need to take today and tomorrow to fully heal," Mephisto replied.

"But sitting here doing nothing is boring," Rin whined.
"I know, that's why Amaimon is going to keep you company,"

"On second thought I may be better off alone,"

"Hey," Amaimon snapped from the corner of the room.

"Do you need anything, I could get you some water or food," Samael ignored the scoff and kept his attention fixated on Rin

"I am not that hungry," Rin replied softly. "Water sounds nice,"

"I will be back soon Rin," Mephisto cooed to Rin proving him a small kiss on the forehead before taking his leave. "and Amaimon do play nice, I wouldn't want another siren out of commission before the fight,"

The younger SIrens shivered at the threat as the elder SIrens left.

"So what happened after I fell asleep?" Rin asked, turning his head to face Amaimon.

"Mephisto took your attacker and made sure he wouldn't be a problem, then he started planning with Lucifer and they decided to attack the hunters once and for all before the mating season begins," Amaimon replied. "So nothing much,"

"Ok... why did he kiss me?" Rin coughed, a blush running across his face. The small Siren almost looked feverish.

"Surely he won you over by protecting you and coming to your rescue. And you didn't seem to mind it that much,"

"I don't. I just want to know if there was any conversation about it. It doesn't seem like Lucifer to let go of something so easily,"

"He is still upset, I think, but Mephisto has shown his willingness and stubbornness. There is no point in trying to compete with him when he is like that,"

"And why is he like that," Rin yawned nuzzling against the pillow. "Obsession isn't that attractive,"

"It's more of dedication... Besides, he truly does like you. I don't think he is going to let you go after this mating season," Amaimon replied, laying his head on the cream sheets. The pale covers crumpled under the new weight put on them.